Francois Dubois & Master H - La Balance (Incl. Remix) [Urban//Torque Recordings]

francoisduboismasterhlail6.jpg

Francois Dubois & Master H - La Balance (Incl. Remix)

1. La Balance (Original Mix)

2. La Balance (Dirt Crew Remix)

Our favourite Gallic alter-ego meets a real Frenchman as master of the deep and Funk D’Void’s uncanny doppelganger, François DuBois, comes head to head with Master H. François, whose exquisite piano-driven ‘I Try’ soundtracked the summer and was listed as the 8th biggest tune of 2007 by iDJ magazine, brings his usual smooth, sumptuous chords, while Master H injects some va va voom. German über-men, Dirt Crew, slam in with a resolute remix to complete this tasty package.

1. ‘La Balance’ – Flying across the tracks like a run-away train, François’ trademark lush, emotive chords are slotted into a pacey tribal-tech percussive rhythm. Layers build and draw you in. All aboard!

2. ‘La Balance’(Dirt Crew Remix) – More straight-up and stripped-back, this strident interpretation doesn’t beat around the bush and demands your attention.

The name of François DuBois was on the lips of house music lovers and the playlists of an array of world-renowned DJs from Sasha to Pete Tong in 2006, following the emergence of the underground hit of the year ‘Blood.’ Last year’s follow-up, ‘I Try,’ came to equal prominence, enlivening beaches and terraces throughout the summer.

François’ partner in crime on this third Urbantorque release is Hassen Gouaned, better known as Soma, F-Communications & Vega Records artist, Master-H. H’s technical wizardry on the decks and his edgy house style have ensured that he’s attracted attention throughout his career, and in cahoots with François he’s proved his worth again.

Dirt Crew are German duo James Flavour and Break 3000. Often combining deep house with the new crisp sound from the minimal scenes, they’ve notched up an impressive discography with releases on their own Dirt Crew Recordings and Moodmusic amongst others.

Reactions:

Laurent Garnier - "I'm playing it in every set at the moment"

Hernan Cattaneo - "La Balance - EXCELLENT!"

Nic Fanciulli - "played 'La Balance' at our party at Fifth and it went off!"

Rob Mello - "Thanks for the Francois Dubois. Both mixes work rather well. In particular the Dirt Crew Mix"

Duncan Forbes (Spooky) - “a welcome return indeed ! Loving Lars's new little vibe - there's no stopping that man ! full respect and support from the spooks , gonna road test it at vinyl in Denver this week-end for the Beatport crew"

Shlomi Aber - “Really liked the original, will support”

Onionz- "FRANNY DEE AT IT AGAIN!! DOPE!"

Mazi- “I love how Lars has perfectly tuned into a time less sound with the Dubois alias; absolutely can do no wrong in my book with this vibe. It’s all about the original mix!”

Craig Morrison (Silicone Soul)- “Wicked deep vibes from Larz & H - lovely jubbly - feeling those summer flavours already! Full support on both mixes”

Ric McClelland (Scope) - “quality package! lovely deep, driving atmospherics from lars & hassen! nice deep tech rhythms from the dirt crew guys also! full club support on both cuts from me!”

Murray Richardson - “nice combo and 2 nice deep mixes,,,dirt crew mix is sharp! - charting & playing!”

Anthony Pappa - "Both mixes are wicked."

King Unique - "fucking brilliant"

Steve Mill - "lovely..feelin both tunes especially the original..thank u"

Alex Parsons - "Loving the Dirt Crew Mix mate... Will be taking with me to Croatia next wknd"

Satoshi Fumi - “Original is deeply atmospheric, Dirt Crew remix is so tight grooves, I love both, will play def!”

Ken Ishii - “Original Mix sounds really good! The great combination of the pads and the beats”

Steve Parry (3 Beat) - "both mixes are good thanks - original pips it for me cheers"

Spin Science - "Very nice package, got ahold of the originial with last years miami sampler. liking it ever since. dirt crew adds some techy edge to the package. will be playing"

Matt Rowan - "I like both mixes but I'd lean towards the Dirt Crew mix. Top quality release as always!"

Hans Temmerman / The Mystic Force - "I prefer the hypnotising Dirt Crew mix, spacy stuff, freaky vibe! 8,5/10"

Neil Bainbridge (Shindig / Forensic)- "Wow – love the rolling techno tribalness! – those chords as per usual are extra special… the dirt crew remix is right up my alley too – probs my pick for most of my sets. Will defo be dropping”

OUT NOW:

Beatport

Djdownload

Juno

Trackitdown

Info:

Urbantorque Recordings

Urbantorque Recordings Myspace

Francois Dubois Myspace

Master H Myspace