Excellent way to keep up with the Iowa results

method77

That is an excellent link!

I think Iowa can provide some momentum for certain candidates and could spell the end for others, but I don't think the campaign will really take off until New Hampshire. Obama will probably win Iowa by a few points, with Hillary and Edwards deadlocked for second place.

The most interesting stat I see is Mitt Romney running at #2 [24.94%] for the Republicans.

The Huckabee vote is also disturbing. Nonetheless, a frog could run and beat any Republican this time around - they are finished in this election.

Excellent speech. "We choose hope over fear". That line gets my vote.

I can't tell you how angry I get when I see ads like this:

How fucked up is this? All republicans except Paul should be closed in mental institutes and also charged with racism. I had never followed a US election this closely but the differences in the 2 parties are huge. Huckabee? Romney? Giuliani? Are you fucking serious?? 50% of americans actually support this shit? Unbelievable.

I shouldn't comment so much on another nation's election although this is really ridiculous

Excellent speech. "We choose hope over fear". That line gets my vote.

I can't tell you how angry I get when I see ads like this:

How fucked up is this? All republicans except Paul should be closed in mental institutes and also charged with racism. I had never followed a US election this closely but the differences in the 2 parties are huge. Huckabee? Romney? Giuliani? Are you fucking serious?? 50% of americans actually support this shit? Unbelievable.

I shouldn't comment so much on another nation's election although this is really ridiculous

Hope over fear is actually a play on Franklin Delanor Roosevelt's famous line. I like the sentiment, but I think Obama is more philosophical than practical, more conservative than the liberal persona he presents. Check out his old votes--I'm not impressed...nothing like Kucinich.

I prefer Edwards and Hillary--much stronger people...doers not talkers..fighters who can take on the old guard. Like Richardson and Kucinich, too. But obviously would take Obama over any Republican.

I dont think the country is 50 % Republican--there is a sector of independent vote which swings. Anyways, the Republicans could not get 50% of the vote in 2008, even if they paid off every citizen, and stole the votes.

That commercial should be banned

I know Digg probably isn't the best place for political news, but even if he is only half as bad as they make out, he still makes Bush look like a secular liberal!

He has a populist side - somewhat anti-corporate. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with him over Bush... if I were living in hell.

He has a populist side - somewhat anti-corporate. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with him over Bush... if I were living in hell.

Anything's better than Bush/Cheney. And as over-the-top as Huck is, he's still more sane than Rudy G. The Republicans really have a squad of oddball characters this time....the danger is that Huck is so glib and folksy that his dangerous side isn't readily apparent to politically naive voters.