Paramore - Riot! (2007)

DudeAsInCool

Paramore is young power pop band out of Tennessee, who have just been nominated as "Best New Artist" for this year's 50th Annual Grammy Awards. Although the band ranges in ages from only 17 to 22, and their fan base is mostly teeny boppers, make no mistake about it, this is a professional act.

With a relentless assault of power pop chords and syrupy choruses, the band is still in a connect-the-dots stage when it comes to their material. However, the engaging presence of lead singer Haley Williams, Josh Farro's excellent guitar work, and their strong affinity with their fan base, make this band more than just a run of the mill act.

The majority of the Parmore's music is created by Hayley Williams and Josh Farro, who cite 'Sunny Day Real Estate and Jimmy Eat World' as major influences. Once the songs are roughed out, they collaborate with band members Jeremy Davis (bass), and Zac Farro (drums) to create a sound which is decidedly pop with an edge. To get a sense of their music, check out the catchy 'When It Rains', which to me, shows their promise:

You can also check out additional work of the band at MySpace or at Youtube

And if you like what you hear, you can Get it @ Amazon

post-9-1197260361_thumb.jpg

post-9-1197260373_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Is it wrong for me to like them :lol:

I grabbed this album and a few singles are actually pretty good.

Is it wrong for me to like them :lol:

I grabbed this album and a few singles are actually pretty good.

Nope. They're young and have talent - hopefully they will mature and move away from the pop stuff

I'm guilty of liking "Crushcrushcrush." It has a great rhythm and is catchy. Using it for my Myspace ATM. When they first surfaced, "Misery Business" was killing our airwaves here. I think they just played here a week or two ago with Jimmy Eat World. I think I heard the album online and it had some promise. Singer's cute, moreso I think than Flyleaf's singer Lacey. I'd do both though.

Edit - (I think I said "I think" too much.)