Take That top worst record survey

Take That's 1993 cover version of Barry Manilow's Could It Be Magic? has topped a poll of the worst records ever made.

The list was compiled by clothes shop Diesel, which invited its customers to exchange their worst discs for new CDs.

Five's Slam Dunk Da Funk came second, with Des O'Connor's With Feelings at three and Samantha Fox's Touch Me (I Want Your Body) at number four.

Peter Andre's Mysterious Girl is at five, despite reaching the top spot in the UK singles charts two weeks ago.

Welsh singer Shakin' Stevens was the only singer to have a song that had made number one on the worst records list. His song Green Door, which topped the charts in 1981, was seventh.

The novelty hit Rabbit, sung by the duo Chas 'N' Dave, made eighth place, while Right Said Fred's song I'm Too Sexy made ninth.

Popular TV duo Ant and Dec - who have hosted I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! and Pop Idol - came 10th with their song Let's Get Ready to Rumble from 1994.

The pair said: "We are not ashamed of our music. It was a great time in our lives."

I like Barry Manilow. I like Bette Midler, who quite possibly would have never gotten her big break without Manilow's musical guidance in her Bath House days. Too many people are anxious to dismiss music that doesn't personally appeal to them. Unless music is racially devisive or sexually offensive, it should stand on it's own merits as a viable creation.

I met Barry Manilow once. Interesting thing is he is a big Led Zeppelin fan and said that he got pigeon-holed into making this kind of music, which was never his intention

Barry Manilow is so good, people hate him.... his tunes are catchy to the extent they stick... whether you like them or not. I think, to be that annoying you have to be a very talented musician.