Steven Seagal: "FBI Destroyed My Career"

Steven Seagal says that inaccurate publicity that he terrorrized journalists has destroyed his careerr and he wants an apology from the FBI:

"False FBI accusations fueled thousands of articles saying that I terrorize journalists and associate with the Mafia," Seagal, 56, said recently in his first public comments on the case. "These kinds of inflammatory allegations scare studio heads and independent producers -- and kill careers."

Laura Eimiller, an FBI spokeswoman, said she could not comment on Seagal's demand for an apology or on questions about the case. They "relate to an ongoing investigation which we are not at liberty to discuss," she said.

Seagal was past his prime earning years even before the Pellicano scandal broke in 2002. His career peaked in the 1990s with such blockbusters as "Under Siege." His last hit, "Exit Wounds," was released in 2001. Since then, he has made a dozen films that generated an estimated $25 million in total DVD sales, a fraction of what his movies used to take in.

"This controversy made the studios very nervous," said longtime Hollywood publicist Howard Bragman. "Let's be honest: Steven Seagal was no Harrison Ford when this happened. But these accusations certainly hastened his decline."

Read More

There may be some truth to the above...but having tried to work with his organization for a short moment, I would say that Mr. Segal killed his own career by wanting to be the writer, producer, star of his productions, and by alienating anyone who had any interest in working with him... That said, he ain't a bad guitar player.

post-9-1187560561_thumb.jpg

I read this on digg yesterday and saw some hilarious responces

I didn't read the story so I don't know if it was a Joke or not

Here is the Digg Link of comments - and here are some of the highlights :)

Give him what he wants or there will be trouble.

His movies ruined his career.

He had a career?

Shit, so what about Van Damme, Stalone, Vin Deisel, and all the other talentless action stars that stopped doing movies once people got sick of them?

Steve -

We're really sorry about your career.

All the best, etc...

Steven Seagal = this week's Jonathon Lee Riches?

In his hand written suit, Mr. Seagal asked that the court order the FBI to "stop physically hurting his feelings and dashing his hopes"...

I seriously LOL'ed like a bitch when I read the title of the article. Yeah, I'm sure the FBI were really threatened by "Out for Justice".

His horrible acting ruined any remnants of a career.

He's also an idiot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXRmPwWGwBA

No - this is absolutely true. I loved seagal's movies until the FBI told me he was a no-talent jackass.

Segal trying to be an Italian from Brooklyn ruined his carrer. " And here's my badge. Fair game now, ok? This is your trophy, this is your trophy! Come and get it." lol

When Bruce Willis produces a video such as this, then I will stop going to see his movies as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qw5bKTBQE4

I kid though, Seagal was truly amazing at what he did for a time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VcOtneCRU

by Distroia 23 hours ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I get my car insurance from the mafia. You hit me, they hit you.

That new film of his (sorry...can't remember the name because I purposely FORGOT it) was so bad....he was not even speaking his lines properly. Someone that sounded like John Wayne dubbed in his lines for him. It was ba-a-a-ad..............yuck.

Heh, ironically, I didn't even know he had been probed by the FBI until he blamed his lack of career on that. Guess that's not what ruined him, at least in my eyes.

didnt he give all of his money to some "guru" or something? pretty sure that would ruin a career.

Is anybody else freaked out by these spider ads from Microsoft?

I am terrified and/or intrigued.

Seagal's acting ruined his career.

Steven Seagal: " I just read the greatest script Ive ever read, "

Artie Lange: " Oh yeah?.. Who wrote it? "

Steven Seagal: " .....*I did* "

You guys are really mean.

McDonalds ruined his career!

The fact that every movie he has ever been in sucks has nothing to do with his failing career. FBI, apologize already.

His movies are biological weapons.. the FBI should be able to respond properly.

If what he says is true, then we all owe the FBI our eternal gratitude.

Maybe the Ponytail ruined the career.

You just need to get Segal in a room with the whole of the FBI circling him, throw him a stick and he'll kill them ALL!

by jack_dt 23 hours ago

I documented some of Steven Seagal's mis-adventures in 2002 after seeing his band play. Enjoy:

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1695 (Steven Seagal claims he's a reincarnated Tibetan monk)

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1817 (Steven Segal claims Mob extorted $700,000 from him)

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1908 (Steve claims to be a Mafia hitman)

http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1909 (More Mafia extortion)

He is my hero just for being married to Kelly LeBrock in her prime.

An extra 60 pounds and refusing to wear anything other than loose fitting asian silk shirts ruined your career, fatso.

"Executive Decision" was where he jumped the shark. Nobody likes to get scammed, Steve.

I'm sure that the increasingly bad movies he makes didn't help either.

his horrible acting ruined his career....

really steven.... under siege 2?

SNL ruined his career, well actually the fact he's an ass did. Banned for life.

kelly brock pussy and nice funny movies. he can be prouder than most.

His career? He got big, then fat.

too bad he's not a gangsta rapper, he could have gone platinum. maybe his experiences will serve to teach people a lesson about "career choices"

Ahh Steven Seagal, the only actor that could make Roger Moore look like DeNiro

I guess he's sad that his blues guitar career isn't going anywhere. yes I'm serious - blues guitarist.

http://wm08.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&...10:3zftxqydldae

Suck ruined his career

You would think he would get some fake friends in the FBI to help him out just like how he got a fake friend in the CIA to get him some undercover jobs.

It was the ninjas.

Maybe he SHOULD have some mafia ties. They made Sinatra's career.

Hadn't he already turned into a giant freaking hippy before 2002? Maybe that's why people stopped going to theaters to watch your films, Stevie. Seriously, his last two or three wide-distribution movies were painfully pussified morality tales.

That guy is the man. 7th Dan Aikido!!! And he does it ruthlessly! Really martial, ,not artsy at all!

crappy acting had absolutely nothing to do with it.