Hot New Metal Band!

Matt Rendo

I opine thine whine:

"3000 and Counting" - Raw noise. The music drowns out the singer. Heard the vocal style before. Kudos to the aggressive guitars and drumming. A Razzy goes to the stage names. I had never heard air getting sucked out of a plane within a metal song before (trust me...you'll know when.) 4/10

"Murder the Masses" - An attempt at a cross between Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall seems to present here. I'm still waiting for the golden moment from this band. 4/10

"North Port" - Tighter musicianship. More promising than the previous. I think I'd happily scare children and kittens with this one. Aww damn, it slowed down. And ended. What the heck was that? 01:54? Damn. 3/10

"Nine Four One" - OK, this is the one. Haha on the opening dialogue. The best of the four. The guitarists need to cut back on the solos. There can be only one Dragonforce. You're not going to sell me with those. Overall, not a bad track. 6/10

Not overly impressed with this act. I hope Roadrunner hasn't lost steam. I've been a supporter for 20 years now.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?