Bad Company/Free/ Paul Rodgers

Umma

The bonus CD that came with Muddy Water Blues (Paul Rodgers - The History) had a number of Bad Company tracks including this one.

I'm not sure that it's quite the same line up here but what a cracker!! Nice knitwear too!! :wub:

The song sounds better live than on the recorded version.

"Bad Company were an English hard rock supergroup founded in 1973, consisting of band members from Free (Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke), Mott the Hoople (Mick Ralphs) and King Crimson (Boz Burrell). Bad Company was managed by Peter Grant, who had also guided Led Zeppelin to massive success, the band enjoyed great success throughout the 1970s." - Wikipedia

I really liked Free and in particular, this cut:

All Right Now

That live version is more like the version from The History. Much more energy than the original.

What's the line up in that vid?

That live version is more like the version from The History. Much more energy than the original.

What's the line up in that vid?

The tag said Rodgers Kossoff & Kirke. It looks like Andy Fraser is there too. I'm pretty sure its the original band...the notes say they were in their early 20s. The video was excellent.

your post didn't have a video at the time I posted that :lol:

Then how could you ask this: "What's the line up in that vid?" :o

The one I posted.... :rolleyes:

I was appealing to your all knowingness!

You mean Wikipedia's :lol: Speaking of...here is their writeup for Free

This is stuff my Dad listened to when I was growing up.

Man I feel young!

:lol:

we post it all here, young, old, new and everything inbetween. they were good bands

I bought the Bad Company double cd "Anthology" a couple of years ago after high recommendations [only really knew the singles before then] and I wasn't disappointed by it; there are great tracks on it that had never even made full release before this cd so that says alot for their fecundity; yet I still prefer Paul Rodgers earlier band, Free, with tracks like "My brother Jake" and "Wishing Well" which are all-time classics in my opinion and always bring a smile to my face.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K5RVHcUdVPU&...ted&search=

That's the only vid I can find of Free in action at the moment. Fire and water title track of their 72 album [a hit as a single for Wilson Pickett, one of the more curious little facts of chart-music history in the UK, tho I love Wilson Pickett so I'm not saying anything bad about that at all]

Edited by sideshow bob

Good stuff! Here's Paul Rodgers & Queen doing the same track. Amazingly, it doesn't sound that much like Queen. I suppose good musicians can mimic anyone...

Oh they got slaughtered for doing that tour! Money grabbers, all that, but I always thought it was a good combination, in principle at least. Saw them do a great version of "allright now" too.

Here is Paul doing a great version of Wishing well when he was hanging around with Slash & Co...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h4F2Y1sGaqI

Edited by sideshow bob

Oh they got slaughtered for doing that tour! Money grabbers, all that, but I always thought it was a good combination, in principle at least. Saw them do a great version of "allright now" too.

Here is Paul doing a great version of Wishing well when he was hanging around with Slash & Co...

That's one hellova good band.

As they should have. It was bordering on blasphemy!!

:guns2:

get over it!! You have to admit these are rather good!

What a great selection of vids, Umma.

Wishing well through to Tie your mother down. What great tracks, although I seem to remember I posted the first one!!!

I loved Tie your mother down when I was growing up. It was one of their less successful singles at a time when Queen were big big big [bohemian rhapsody was still relatively recent] but what a foot tapper! It still makes me bop around now and so I couldn't resist posting this:

Incidentally, doesn't Wishing Well contain one of the great opening two lines in music history:

Take off your hat, kick off your shoes

I knopw you aint going anywhere

as well as this couplet that always makes me smile:

Put down that gun you might shoot yourself,

or is that what you're trying to do?

Edited by sideshow bob

You did post the first one... I just embeded it in the quote to save travelling over to youtube :)

Freddie Mercury was the ultimate showman but I think Paul Rodgers did a splendid job with the Queen tracks. It's a good thing that somebody else could carry them off so well, otherwise I would have taken to the same aforesaid opinion of RainbowJoe the unmoved :D

Queen are the only band I've seen live who led me to believe I was having a heart attack, so intense was their playing. Not necessarily that loud but so tight, it was scary! The tequila I had consumed beforehand had nothing to do with it. After hearing how Paul Rodgers sounded with the remains of Queen, I now regret I didn't make the effort to go and see them in Belfast.

One for the folks underwater in England.

I remember when I heard about the tour I thought that if anybody could make a decent hand of filling Freddie's boots it would be Paul Rodgers. Seems I was right.

Yes, and Sarah [sorry, "Pussy Galore"] did have a flood warning yesterday. Seems I'm okay, being about 300 metres uphill from the nearest river. We checked it all out last night on the internet.