George had to be put down....

Warflower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a web picture. This is my dog. Sadie. She's half pit and half basset hound. Do you really see any meanness in this dog? I don't, and I live with her every day.

Yup! I see a couple of little bitty mean spots.... :lol:

I'd keep an eye on her. She looks like a sneaky mofo. If you give her a chance she may devour your hamburger and drink your beer. That's the best part about weenie dogs. They are too short to drink your beer until you fall down drunk and pass out. By then you don't care. :lol:

If you give her a chance she may devour your hamburger and drink your beer.

There isn't much she doesn't eat. But there's never any beer in the house, so we're safe there. Now this dog does have a bit of a mean streak. My g/f's beagle, Snoop Dog. But she's getting kind of old. So is the dog!!

:rolleyes:

post-4-1178512121_thumb.jpg

This isn't a web picture. This is my dog. Sadie. She's half pit and half basset hound. Do you really see any meanness in this dog? I don't, and I live with her every day.

It's a cute dog but few of the owners of pets that attack kids really see it coming.

I couldn't say that your dog looks like pitbull is her dominant genes.

• 3 weeks later...

The original topic here was heros, I believe. This is the story of Chief.

Pit Bull saves 2 women from deadly cobra,

dies wagging his tail.

The children in the Fronteras household refer to their dog as "kuya" ("big brother"), and he certainly proved it on the day he sacrificed his life to protect the family.

:link:

Thank goodness that cobra showed up to take the brunt of the dog's attack.

:whistling:

:lol: 4sure!!

I think I know what you are getting at Joe and I am starting to agree with you. I will now add Cobra to the list of creatures that are to be shot on sight in my yard. The list now includes Yankees, liberals, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Cobras, burglars and bill collectors.

....in that order......

• 4 weeks later...

10 Reasons Pit Bulls Are Scary!!

Beware!!!

What Pit bulls are really like!

10. They will steal your spot on the couch while you are up getting a soda.

9. They will take the treat you give them and bury in the back yard like a paranoid crack head hiding their stash.

8. They will jump on your bed with muddy feet. Making you do the laundry...again!

7. They will lick visitors with an uncontrolled passion only they

understand.

6. They will cause children to smile.

5. They will make you feel horrible for not walking them by looking at you with deep sad eyes.

4. They will look at you like you committed a crime against them if you don't let them lick your ice cream bowl.

3. They will cause wide spread happiness in large group settings.

2. They will crack you up by shaking their butts so hard you think they are going to snap in half.

And the number one reason why you can't trust vicious Pit Bulls...

1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a Pit Bull can show.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This weekend just a few miles down the street.............

Boy had raised pit bull since it was weeks old

Pleasant Grove: Family shocked 'companion' would attack master

12:00 AM CDT on Sunday, September 2, 2007

By JAY PARSONS / The Dallas Morning News

[email protected]

Six-year-old Scott Warren loved his family's four dogs. But for the last year, one of them had always been special – Tippy, the pit bull Scott raised since his family adopted the dog a year ago when it was 4 weeks old.

About 5:30 p.m. Friday, Scott was lying on his mother's bed watching TV with his 13-year-old sister, Ashley, when Tippy – named for the white tip of his tale – leapt off the floor and attacked his master unprovoked, relatives said.

Ashley screamed, and their mother, Kressie Warren, came running from another room.

"It took her 10 minutes to get the dog off him," said Joe Warren, Scott's grandfather who lives with the family in the 1900 block of Prichard Lane in Pleasant Grove. "What happened to that dog yesterday, I don't know."

Scott died from his injuries Friday evening while en route to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas.

Relatives and several neighbors said Saturday that Tippy had never shown aggressive behavior.

"That was Scott's dog, his companion," said David Warren, Scott's great-uncle. "He's never had any problems. He loved that dog."

An investigator from Child Protective Services interviewed Scott's mother at length Saturday. CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said no decision had been made whether to take his sister into state custody.

"We're trying to figure out what happened," she said. "It's a sad, sad case."

Dallas police were investigating the incident as an accidental death, according to a police report.

Dallas animal control officers took Tippy to a shelter on Forney Road. The dog is to be euthanized Monday and then taken to Austin for testing, city officials said.

Friends and family described Scott as an outgoing kid who loved school, sports and conversation.

"He'd walk up to you and start talking, and before you knew it, you'd be walking off with him," Joe Warren said.

Scott was born with a cleft palate and had several surgeries in his short life. That made him a spectator for most organized sports but didn't dampen his love for the games.

"He was limited somewhat in all that, but he didn't let that hold him back," David Warren said. "He was as competitive as any 6-year-old you'll find."

Scott especially loved watching car races at the Devil's Bowl Speedway, a dirt track in Mesquite, his grandfather said.

"He was born on a Wednesday, and he's been going to the races there since the Saturday when he was 3 days old," Joe Warren said. "Everybody knew him. He thought he ran the place out there."

The Warrens and several friends said Saturday that they were upset that a neighbor had told reporters the family's dogs were a nuisance.

"If [Ms. Warren] knew the dog was going to jump on Scott, she wouldn't have had that dog," said Norma Gonzalez, a neighbor who has a daughter Scott's age. "She's a real good mom. She lives for her kids. There are neighbors talking things they don't know as fact."

Ms. Warren has been the PTA president at Hawthorne Elementary, where Scott was a first-grader, according to Ms. Gonzalez and several other friends who gathered at the house Saturday.

CPS officials said they received a complaint in 2004 that Scott and Ashley's father was using drugs, but investigators closed the case after learning he did not live with the family.

The mauling took place a day before a Texas law went into effect that allows police to file felony charges against owners of dogs that seriously injure or kill someone. The law could mean prison time for owners found to be negligent or who have dogs known to be dangerous.

The Warrens said that they were still making funeral arrangements but said that Scott would be buried alongside ancestors in East Texas.

"I'm lost without him," Joe Warren said. "I would never have thought the dog would turn on him like that. Some dogs you can't trust. But this dog, they've been together since he was 4 weeks old."