Gore Warns Congress Of Planetary Emergency

DudeAsInCool

Former Vice President Al Gore, rejecting complaints by Republican lawmakers that he was waging an alarmist war on coal and oil use, insisted before Congressional panels today that human-caused global warming constitutes a “planetary emergency” requiring an aggressive federal response.

Read More at the NYTimes

post-9-1174500997_thumb.jpg

Gore Warns Congress Of Planetary Emergency --- and they all laugh at him and go home.

MAN-BEAR-PIG!!!!!!

He is just doing it because he fancies himself as saviour of the human race. His constant stream of "we are all going to die, but I could lead you to safety" BS is damaging to environmentalists and annoys conservatives.

BBC article about how idiots like Gore are damaging to everyone:

"We have to stick to what the science is telling us; and I don't think making that sound more sensational, or more sexy, because it gets us more newspaper columns, is the right thing for us to be doing.

"We have to let the science argument win out."

Click

If you didnt have people like Gore raising alarms, the environment is going to continue to suffer. I don't know whether there is global warming or not; but I do know that our weather patterns are strange, our oceans and air are growing more polluted, more and more animals are threatened with extinction, deforestation is spreading, and our natural ecosytems are getting more and more fucked up as our populations grow. Do you suggest, MI, that those problems are hyperbole? My senses tell me those problems are real--and no politician or scientist is going to tell me otherwise.

I don't see how Gore flying from country to country telling us we are all going to die unless we give up our lives is going to help any of what you just said. People like him making things up for their own gain can only serve to make people cynical of all environmental issues.

I think you are misinterpreting Gore's intentions. He started lecturing on this issue many years ago - before it became fashionable. It wasn't until the film was released that I was even aware of his involvement. I agree it's a personal crusade - but I truly believe it's an honorable one...not a self-servicing tactic. See the film...you might have a different opinion about him, even if you disagree on the issue

phony. :)

You are widely known around the trailer park to have bogus opinions and also a poor judge of character. :lol:

How the hell would you know - whenever you appear, the sheep scatter? :lol:

How the hell would you know - whenever you appear, the sheep scatter? :lol:

:lol: ps, i agree w/most everything Dude said.

• 3 weeks later...

"His constant stream of "we are all going to die, but I could lead you to safety" BS is damaging to environmentalists and annoys conservatives."

to be quite frank who gives a flying fuck about annoying conservatives...i agree..they are annoying... :glare:

If everyone in Britain gave up their entire life in the pursuit of reducing their carbon footprint, global warming would be delayed by about 7.5 hours over the next 90 years.

That is one of the interesting results from BBCs "Ethical Man" Newsnight experiment.

Ethical Man was a year long experiment for a journalist to spend an year living as ethical as possible in order to reduce his family's carbon emissions. It concluded last night.

It nearly cost him his marriage at one point, but he did it. He now saves a load of money off his energy bills, not to mention the money saved from giving away the car. There are many areas of his new life that he wont give up now the project has finished. The only thing he will be going back to is his regular flights abroad.

However, this was basically his full time job for an entire year and he describe it as "gruelling". He also admits that giving up a car without living in the centre of London would have been impossible.

Everyone giving up their entire life for the sake of 7.5 hours over the next 90 years. You have to ask, what is the point?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/news...man/default.stm

I don't get hung up the terminology of 'global warming', but I do think that there are plenty of ways to help the environment, of which the CO2 problem is just one of the issues. Frankly, I'm puzzled as to why there is so much focus on this, as opposed to analyzing each of the issues one by one, and addressing them.

Survivors all say that you've named that weapon after your favorite guitarist...Prick Derringer.

:lol: Koop.

i totally agree w/Dude's last comment.

Survivors all say that you've named that weapon after your favorite guitarist...Prick Derringer.

I named that weapon after Isaac Hayes biggest hit, "Shaft".

"You know that cat Shaft is a bad mother........" :happy:

As the years go by I am afraid in another 100 yrs I will have to rename it "Freddy" after one of his other hits.

We all know "Freddy's Dead". :lol:

I named that weapon after Isaac Hayes biggest hit, "Shaft".

"You know that cat Shaft is a bad mother........" :happy:

As the years go by I am afraid in another 100 yrs I will have to rename it "Freddy" after one of his other hits.

We all know "Freddy's Dead". :lol:

FredDick4Sure :lol:

Remember: When you are too old to cut the mustard you can still lick the jar! :happy:

I assume you mean HONEY mustard :lol: