Speed Tests

DudeAsInCool

I noticed that my computer speed was off today, thus disabling me from spammng fast enough. So I put in a few calls to Time Warner and Vonage Phone & reset my computer to fix the problem. Speed results listed below :) What are yours?

post-9-1174198658_thumb.jpg

I'm on a 3meg down connection with 384k up so my speed is less than half of yours. It's the best I can get but I'm still hoping at&t will upgrade.

My speeds were about that earlier today, but I'm paying for higher, so that's why I did the exercise. It took me two hours on the phone to get the speed above - highest I've had to date

dsl has distance limits. If you are close to the phone company central office you can get 6meg "elite". If you live a couple of miles away you can get 3meg "pro" and it you live 3 miles away you can only get 1.5 meg basic shit. I had the basic for yrs because that is all that was offered. I jumped on the pro plan as soon as it was available but the elite plan is out of range at this address so I am stuck.

They put fiber optics in my front yard a couple of yrs ago so I am hoping that sometime in the next decade or two they will make that available. I know some people that have it and it is 15 megs I believe. It may be 18 megs.....not sure. They are paying about 40 bucks for the fiber super shit and I intend to get it the day it becomes available.

I hope that wasn't the fiber optic guy that I capped last week for parking in my driveway. :o

They put fiber optics in my front yard a couple of yrs ago so I am hoping that sometime in the next decade or two they will make that available. I know some people that have it and it is 15 megs I believe. It may be 18 megs.....not sure. They are paying about 40 bucks for the fiber super shit and I intend to get it the day it becomes available.

What neo-conservatives you hanging out with? I heard they have WMDs in Texas, too :lol:

dsl has distance limits. If you are close to the phone company central office you can get 6meg "elite". If you live a couple of miles away you can get 3meg "pro" and it you live 3 miles away you can only get 1.5 meg basic shit. I had the basic for yrs because that is all that was offered. I jumped on the pro plan as soon as it was available but the elite plan is out of range at this address so I am stuck.

AT&T Ohio is in Columbus. I'm in Mingo Junction. A distance of 146 miles, and I'm able to have Elite. But I guess in the great scheme of things, that's pretty close!!

:icon_mad:

My max is 8MB down.... and a poxy 500k up. It's variable on adsl... speed depends on how busy the network is since it's a shared resource. It averages around 5 through the day and 6-8 at night. I'm rural and really have no complaints about the speed.

That's me......... WMD!!!!!!

Want Maximum Download. :lol:

i thought you already had that --- in your trousers. :lol:

i thought you already had that --- in your trousers. :lol:

That is a WMD 4sure!

Weapon of Mass Dispersion

I pull that joker out and all the sheep scatter. :lol:

Joe, your dsl is dependant on how far you are from your central office which is actually the local phone company office that houses the last switch before the signal gets to your house. Somewhere within a couple miles or so of your house is small outpost of a phone company. The closer you are to the phone company the better, especially if you are on copper wire all the way like I am.

QUOTE(slum_goddess @ Mar 18 2007, 10:51 AM)

i thought you already had that --- in your trousers.

:lol:

New Record!

post-9-1174255571_thumb.jpg

still gloating over "my connection is faster than yours" huh? We don't have fast connections in the trailer park but we got fast women! :lol:

I heard they were sheepish

Weapon of Mass Dispersion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

upload speed....160kbps....is slow today for some reason....it`s usually three times that speed.....download speed....7616kbps....isn`t too bad for a country exchange out in the middle of nowhere.... :)

post-193-1175129672_thumb.jpg