BRITISH singer JOSS STONE defends AMERICAN accent

Joss Stone says people who mocked her American accent have personal problems.

The Devon-born singer - who shocked people with her pronounced US drawl at the Brit Awards last month - says she doesn't understand why people criticised her accent.

Joss told Britain's Radio 1: "The sound of my voice and my accent doesn't mean anything. "If people have a problem with it - that's their own inner problem.

"I've been in America since I was 14. That's why I sound the way I do."

The 19-year-old Tell Me 'Bout It singer insists she still has the right to moan about her job because singing is "hard work".

She said: "Everyone moans about their job. I don't see why I'm not allowed to moan.

"It's hard work and I'm tired and if I want to moan, I'll moan."

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:reuters:CHANGE OF SOUND...BRITISH soul singer JOSS STONE has defended her AMERICAN accent following her appearance at the BRIT AWARDS last month.

post-193-1173307046_thumb.jpg

Crowd boos tardy Stone.....

Singer Joss Stone has infuriated fans who waited more than two-and-a-half hours to see her perform.

The 19-year-old was booed by the crowd at London's Koko club before she finally took to the stage.

Once there she rambled away in "excruciating" manner between songs, according to one critic.

source:AP

image:reuters:Joss Stone...BOOED at gig...

post-193-1173485525.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh my....this reminds me that madonna has affected a British accent after living here for what? five years now? while my hero Chrissie Hynde still talks w/her original mid-western voice after living here for over 30 years.

i, for one, shall NEVER give up my American accent. i make a lot of friends w/it and anyway, i won't put on a phoney accent for anyone.

No commando craziness for Joss Stone.....

Joss Stone would never go out partying with no knickers on - because she isn't a "slut".

The British singer insists she has no intention of following the current trend set by Paris Hilton and Britney Spears and go 'commando' for a night out because she has too much self-respect.

Joss said in an interview with Q magazine: "I would never wear a short skirt with no knickers, because that would be silly. If you do that it's basically like saying you're a sl*t. And I'm not."

The 'Right To Be Wrong' singer admits she can't understand why Britney, who is currently in rehab, decided to flash her private parts in public.

Despite her condemnation of 'commando' fashion, Joss doesn't think Britney is a "slut" for showing off her undercarriage.

She added: "Maybe she got drunk and gave her knickers away? Maybe she didn't wear any because she didn't want a visible panty line? Or maybe she had a quick one in the bathroom before she left home? We'll never know.

"But I don't think Britney is a slut. She's just going through some issues at the moment, that's all."

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:i.realone.com/assets:JOSS STONE..

post-193-1173820417_thumb.jpg