Top 10 Bars In The World

DudeAsInCool

Now that Method77 has closed up shop, we have to find another venue to go go. I kind of like the one in the pic pictured below... :beer1: What are your favorite haunts?

Top 10 Bars In The World

post-9-1165299164_thumb.jpg

I kind of like the one in the pic pictured below... :beer1:

too posh, too sunny, too Hollywood-looking for me. i prefer shitholes as well as my fave pub, The Prince Albert on Coldharbour Lane (which isn't a shithole especially after they started attracting A3 fans from all over the world).

I can see me here...with my husband, his guitar and a shitload of Irish tunes to sing. (Besides, his mom is from Antrim) :happy:

2. Mary McBride's, 2 Main Street, Cushenden, Northern Ireland

The Antrim coast is more spectacular than Big Sur in California – according to a recent survey by Jacob’s Creek. And Cushendun is one of the prettiest villages along the 23-mile route. Stop off there and you’ll inevitably end up in Mary McBride’s. Once the smallest pub in the world, it was extended after Mary died (she’s probably turning in her grave – she never drank herself and disapproved of women drinking). The décor is nothing special but the setting is – on the mouth of the river Dun and within staggering distance of a white sandy beach. I go here with my boyfriend, whose dad lives a few doors up. But I’d feel perfectly comfortable having a drink here on my own (even if Mary wouldn’t approve).

this used to be one of my locals back in my drinkin` days....The Golden Cross Hotel, Waihi, NZ....i spent many happy days there in the late `70`s :)

WAIHI...the town where i live and where my wife and kids were born is an historical gold mining town. The Golden Cross Family Hotel was one of the original pubs relocated from the Golden Cross Mine to Waihi Township... :) :)

"Gold mining around Waikino has a history dating back to early colonisation of New Zealand. Waikino became the centre of Gold mining in the Waikato- Bay of Plenty district with the 1897 construction of the Victoria Battery right on the edge of town. Up the scenic Waitekauri road just 5 km behind Waikino, there once existed the mining town of Waitekauri, near Golden Cross. Waitekauri is no longer there today because the whole town was demolished at the end of that era’s gold rush, and consequently the village reverted to farmland. The local Waitekauri watering hole, the historic two storied “Golden Cross Hotel”, was literally transported to Waihi where it stands proud today as a reminder of day’s gone by...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waihi

another fav watering hole of mine was the historic 120 year old Brian Boru Hotel in Thames just up the road...it`s about 30ks away..also the Rob Roy in the center of town used to get a lot of good bands passing thru in the old hippy days.... :)

post-193-1165382041_thumb.jpg

post-193-1165382053_thumb.jpg

post-193-1165382067_thumb.jpg

post-193-1165382077_thumb.jpg

AHAHAHAHA!!! at No. 3 there's the Vesuvio Cafè...ihihih...I believe the owner comes from Napoli.... :D

Edited by Starfire

:lol: Ever been to Hollywood? Trust me, it looks nothing like this

nah, i never made it there (furthest down California i ever was, was Big Sur). somehow i'm actually proud of that, but then again, it doesn't take much. :)

indeed but I prefer getting wasted in shitholes lol

If you're gonna get shitfaced...go to a shithole just make sure you have all your shots! lol

I just like them 'cause you meet the most colorful characters! They also have the best poolplayers. :thumbsup:

Edited by Warflower

I pprefer more normal looking pubs and bars
indeed but I prefer getting wasted in shitholes lol
If you're gonna get shitfaced...go to a shithole just make sure you have all your shots! lol

I just like them 'cause you meet the most colorful characters! They also have the best poolplayers. :thumbsup:

yup to all the above. when in NYC, Chris and my fave pub was this absolute shitpit on the corner of Atlantic Avenue and i think Nevins Street...a working man's bar, i think we used to call it. absolutely no hanging yuppie plants, a 'dismal' atmosphere but a fantastic jukebox and pool table and the people---all kinds, all ages---were GREAT. we'd be dancing our asses off w/everyone, including the occasional hooker who'd wander in and approach Chris---FUN! oh, and the free food and delicious burgers they had...mmmmmmmm....drooolllll.....

shots of Jack D were like a dollar-fifty or something in 2000, 2001. we'd get loaded on under 20 bucks.

When I was in grad school at UCLA, I lived above a hole in the wall bar. The manager always greeted me when I walked in the door with, "Courvoisier...Courvosier..." Not great for as a studious atmosphere, but somehow I ended up graduating with Distinction...which I read as Distilled :lol:

somehow I ended up graduating with Distinction...which I read as Distilled :lol:

so nothing much has changed since then--good on you; i'm the same. *preening* :lol:

When I was in grad school at UCLA, I lived above a hole in the wall bar. The manager always greeted me when I walked in the door with, "Courvoisier...Courvosier..." Not great for as a studious atmosphere, but somehow I ended up graduating with Distinction...which I read as Distilled :lol:

ahhahahaa :lol: