IPhone - Commerical or Hoax?

DudeAsInCool

Why would it be a hoax? Apple have dappled in the phone market before.

It is only playing catch up, it doesn't look like anything you can't buy already.

This is the phone I have:

t-mobile-mda-vario-1.jpg

It does all the normal internet, push e-mail, mobile office, etc. I also use it for GPS, although the involves adding a new memory card and a separate gps receiver.

A friend has just got himself a Loox T830, which has the GPS built in and loads more memory.

fujitsu-T830.jpg

I also use it for GPS

To be honest I'm shocked to hear that. You often post about your negative reaction to the encrouchment of Big Brother. I consider GPS to be exactly that.

Yes. You may have noticed the one going North at about the same speed 6 hours later too?

As for Big Brother, we also have Automatic Numberplate Recognition (ANR) cameras. They say that your numberplate is recorded every few minutes and is checked against a database for any outstanding violations, as well as for MOT, insurance and tax. Then it is saved for 5 years that you were driving in that direction at that time.

Yes. You may have noticed the one going North at about the same speed 6 hours later too?

As for Big Brother, we also have Automatic Numberplate Recognition (ANR) cameras. They say that your numberplate is recorded every few minutes and is checked against a database for any outstanding violations, as well as for MOT, insurance and tax. Then it is saved for 5 years that you were driving in that direction at that time.

I hear they may add fingerprinting soon as well when they pull you over, and worse yet, the UK is considering THIS

There is only one way you can go. The best we can hope for is to become accustomed to what is in place and for it to get no worse. They will never say, "you know, recording every journey every person makes and the conversations they have on the way for a 5 year period is a bit creepy," and then dig up the millions that has been invested.

Actually it happens. During the Athens olympics, they installed a bunch a that crap. We -the citizens- said it was ok for that time but afterwards we started getting mad and you know what happens then. They listened to us. Cameras and extreme police measures are gone. They have just what they need to keep us safe.

Another example is the airport search thing. Major airports are beginning to relax on safety measures because those are simply insane.

Americans and Brits will eventually get it as well (I mean their dumb goverments) and yes, all the dollars/pounds will be considered wasted.