Death penalty for Saddam Hussein

method77

Isn't there elections coming up in America or something?

Saddam should pay for his crimes, but this has been a political show trail since the start. There is a 20 minute time delay on court footage so the American company with the rights to broadcast have time to block out Saddam's speeches.

The Iraqis aren't going to be blind to the timing or value of the invaders court.

yeah, MI, more bullshit 'elections' on tuesday, nastier than ever.

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been convicted of crimes against humanity by a Baghdad court and sentenced to death by hanging. He was found guilty over his role in the killing of 148 people in the mainly Shia town of Dujail in 1982.

fuck that shit especially the timing. how many have bu$hCo had killed, like almost 3,000 US now and over half a million Iraqi civilians? despite Hans Blix and the other weapons inspectors warning that THERE WERE NO FUCKING WMDs.

i live for the day when bu$hCo are on trial at Den Haag. until then, it's all bullshit and stage-managed, to the idiot asswipes of amerika. fuck 'em all.

ps, now i'm in a reeeeeally bad mood. :mad:

i live for the day when bu$hCo are on trial at Den Haag. until then, it's all bullshit and stage-managed, to the idiot asswipes of amerika. fuck 'em all.

we all know that will never happen

I also think that the US goverment has not officially recognised that court so it is impossible to send any US leader. I am not 100% sure about that though

after reading wikipedia on the court I found that a country can or cannot except the judgment by making stupid excuses (in simple words)

from the article:

For example, in Nicaragua v. United States the United States of America had previously accepted the Court's compulsory jurisdiction upon its creation in 1946 but withdrew its acceptance following the Court's judgment in 1984 that called on the United States to "cease and to refrain" from the "unlawful use of force" against the government of Nicaragua.

Slum - I think the figure stands closer to 45k, although point taken.

Dude - it is really difficult, what punishment fits the crime without being as inhumane as him? life in prison just doesn't seem to cut it.

With saddam dead, who is going to stand trail for the other deaths that occurred under his regime?

Dude - it is really difficult, what punishment fits the crime without being as inhumane as him? life in prison just doesn't seem to cut it.

im against the death penalty - but he can rot in jail for the rest of his life

after reading wikipedia on the court I found that a country can or cannot except the judgment by making stupid excuses (in simple words)

from the article:

For example, in Nicaragua v. United States the United States of America had previously accepted the Court's compulsory jurisdiction upon its creation in 1946 but withdrew its acceptance following the Court's judgment in 1984 that called on the United States to "cease and to refrain" from the "unlawful use of force" against the government of Nicaragua.

i did not know that (in a John Goodman voice). :mad: i do remember WE were down there in Nicaragua, just to fuck w/them, arming them and such. then again, WE were in Iraq in the early 80s shaking hands w/saddam and such (can't be arsed to find that photo of cheney and/or rummy shaking hands w/saddam).

MI, 45,000, half a million...who gives a fuck? they're all brown and Iraqi so they deserve to die. :mad: btw, the half million figure comes from the Lancet's latest report.

Dude, i'm w/you--against the death penalty. but i'm also against taxpayers having to subsidise the prisoners' lives until they die...i'm for prisoners (murderers or whatever) learning trades and doing whatever to help their outside local communities, for cheap of course (which should subsidise /them/, while they never leave the prisons themselves).

Ironic that Saddam Hussein was convicted of a crime against humanity that he committed in 1982, at least a year BEFORE Donald Rumsfeld shook his hand on December 20, 1983. Sounds like there could be a case made for Reagan and Rumsfeld being accessories after the fact.

to Analog Kid: IF ONLY!