Americans living abroad: 'Anybody but Bush'

method77

Often finding themselves the target of anti-American anger, U.S. citizens living abroad are turning out in record numbers to overseas presidential primaries. A record-breaking 600 attended a recent London caucus.

"I'm often asked to explain American foreign policy and domestic politics, but it's a difficult and frustrating task... Bush does not represent what I love about my country," said Megan Ceronsky, an Oxford University student.

Many support John Kerry, and many more support the "Anybody But Bush" slogan. Still, American Republicans abroad still generally support George W. Bush. Kerry has lived abroad and speaks French and some German, also appealing to Americans overseas.

Reuters

All the americans I talked to here also share that opinion. Anybody but Bush (see rainbow's signature)

Us Greeks have our own dumb leaders to choose from. Election is next Sunday

I don't blame people for not liking Bush....always uncomfortable for everyone, collets all sorts of crusty filth, and if that's not bad enough sometimes gets stuck in your teeth. I think Bush needs to go! :P

Look who hates Bush...terrorists...propagandists...people that hate America.

I didn't vote for him ...but he proved himself to be a leader when America needed one.

We are at war.

We didnt choose to be attacked.

If it was another country that had been attacked by terrorists and had 3000 civilians killed ...boy, would we be hearing a different tune.

We are going to be leaving Iraq within a year ..just like we left Kuwait..Bosnia...Panama... Serbia and every other country we 'occupied'. There are many Kurds and Shias happy that they are liberated and can celebrate their religion and culture freely.

If oil was our motive in Iraq ..we could have spent our 87 billion dollars and blood and armorments... in much better investments,with a better return, than maybe a break even point in 20 or so years.

I could go on ...but why confuse any of you with the facts.

Propaganda is so goddamn cool ain't it..

Bush will be re-elected by a wide margin (unless some unknown factor surfaces between now and election)

.. Go ahead ...flame me.

I just want to add that there will be a nuclear blackmail/hostage situation occuring within 5 years.

Many peoples lives will hang in the balance.

Do we want to continue to appease the terrorists who complain about our strong leaders??

Look who hates Bush...terrorists...propagandists...people that hate America.

You gotta love the 'Fox News' style of analysis of anyone who disapproves of Bush is a terrorist, terrorist supporter or unpatriotic, lol.

Oops, I guess my secret is out.... :P

@joeyz ..well I got 600 dollars extra back from his tax cut.

Business seems to be pretty hummin here in the states.

Sorry your having problems in Greece. Hopefully the Olympics will help. Someday come visit the States and see for yourself what is really going on.

@Wolfie...hey I'm all for dissent...I hate all politicians equally..but just look at the source of the hate Bush propaganda machine.

Its always the same... leftwing kooks ..terrorists and what not.

Bush plays pretty damn well on Main Street America..

There are people that will always hate America for whatever reason.

But we are at war ...and I'm against giving aid and comfort to the enemy, by distributing vile baseless propaganda..

Bin Laden and Kim Il Jung ...etc ...want to run the world by the use of nuclear blackmail and oppress your freedom.

We cannot afford for those fuckers to win.

If Bush was behaving like this(Patriot act ...etc) during peacetime ..it would be a different matter entirely.

Sorry your having problems in Greece. Hopefully the Olympics will help. Someday come visit the States and see for yourself what is really going on.
he lives in the us. He just has greek blood in him
But we are at war
You are not at war my friend. You wouldn't say all that stuff if you knew war. Your troops are 1000s of miles away fighting. If you were actually at war, you would have bombs dropping around you and you would see your friends getting killed all the time. Americans took a taste of war with 9/11 but before or after that you have never actually experienced war.

BUSH: ELECTION WILL BE CLOSE, BUT I'LL WIN

Sun Feb 29 2004 09:53:30 ET

The Bush campaign no longer uses the shorthand phrase Massachusetts's liberal, TIME's Matt Cooper and John Dickerson report. "Campaign and Republican National Committee rapid-response makers had been labeling Kerry a 'Massachusetts liberal,' not knowing that Bush likes attacks to be more specific," Cooper and Dickerson write. "He doesn’t like it because it doesn’t tell you anything," a top Bush aide tells TIME. "Tell people what that means. That’s what he wants."

President George W. Bush predicted the November election will be close – but that he will win – last Monday night at the White House, TIME reports.

After Bush had given his first real campaign speech of the season to Republican governors last Monday, he invited five back to the White House for dinner and a chance to spend the night. "Over a batter-dipped feast in his private dining room that would have given Dick Cheney’s cardiologist the bends—fried shrimp, fried onion rings, corn on the cob, French fries, cole slaw and cheesecake—Bush was jovial, confident," TIME reports. "He told the group—George Pataki of New York, Dirk Kempthorne of Idaho, Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, Jim Douglas of Vermont and his Floridian brother Jeb—that the presidential race would be close but that he would win. Bush’s legendary self-confidence was on full display. 'You guys have the best job in government.' He smiled, leaning back. 'Actually you have the second best job in government.'"

This week the President’s re-election team will air its first television ads of the presidential campaign, "a salvo designed to re-establish the President in the public mind as a decisive, principled leader, uniquely equipped to strengthen the economy and win the war on terrorism," Cooper and Dickerson write.

Bush advisers say the spots will not go after Democratic frontrunner John Kerry. "We’re going through a process: first, correct everything that’s been said about the President, and then we’re going to correct the impressions about the [Democratic] nominee," says pollster Matthew Dowd.

The Bush campaign has asked focus groups about the Massachusetts Senator. Not surprisingly, officials say, he comes across just as Republicans have tried to caricature him: aloof and ambivalent. "He is not a look-you-in-the-eye kind of guy," one tells TIME.

Much of the $41 million the Bush campaign has spent so far out of the $140 million raised has been on ground organization, Cooper and Dickerson write. "The Bush team has county chairs in all the 1,189 counties in 18 of the target states from 2000. They have held 127 regional training sessions. By June, they will have made 800,000 phone calls to Republicans. Almost 200,000 volunteers have signed on."

I tend to think that his opinion is correct....he's probably going to win a close election. The keys from now until election day: Will the Republican diggers dig up anything in Kerry's recent past to totally discredit him? Will the Democrat diggers find a smoking gun in Bush's military past to humiliate him? Will Halliburton be found doing any more overcharging? Can Bush avoid looking as bad in debates as he did on Meet The Press recently? If he comes across that bad in debates against Kerry, Bush is toast.

I just want to add that there will be a nuclear blackmail/hostage situation occuring within 5 years.

Many peoples lives will hang in the balance.

Do we want to continue to appease the terrorists who complain about our strong leaders??

Since when is not supporting Bush appeasing the terrorists? :duck hunt: :shootin: :duck hunt: :shootin:

DAIC..I'm amazed at you...go find a dictionary and look up 'terrorist'

Calling Bush a terrorist...is like calling a fireman an arsonist.

boom chaka boom

hey..that rhymes LOL

(nice pic ...btw)

..but just look at the source of the hate Bush propaganda machine.

Its always the same... leftwing kooks ..terrorists and what not.

Bush plays pretty damn well on Main Street America..

There are people that will always hate America for whatever reason.

But we are at war ...and I'm against giving aid and comfort to the enemy, by distributing vile baseless propaganda..

Bin Laden and Kim Il Jung ...etc ...want to run the world by the use of nuclear blackmail and oppress your freedom.

We cannot afford for those fuckers to win.

Bullshit on both counts. This suggests that half of America, or more by the latest polls, hate their country or support the terrorists. It's an OUTRAGEOUS supposition.

This is the propaganda from the right--if you dont walk lockstep with what they think, then you must hate America, or you're liberal, or you're not patriotic, etc. I think its unpatriotic not to support dissent - that's what makes America great, that we have the opportunity to dissent. :shootin: :duck hunt: :shootin: :shootin:

@joeyz ..well I got 600 dollars extra back from his tax cut.

Business seems to be pretty hummin here in the states.

Sorry for the confusion Mike... I was actually just talking about pubic hair...I'll try to keep my posts more on topic. But on a political note, Bush does seem to be making the world a hairy place. :D

If Bush was behaving like this(Patriot act ...etc) during peacetime ..it would be a different matter entirely.

And that is exactly why at time of war ppl have to keep politians on thier toes and keep an eye on them. You are absoluely right, none of this crap would have floated during peace time. However when there is some sort threat hanging over some leaders have historically used the climate of fear to push measures that they could not have gotten away with during peace. If they scare ppl enough they'll surrender thier rights which is the part I don't like about the Bushies (on personal note, my dislike of Bush's politics was there way before the whole thing with Osama started anyway). You are correct about mainstream ppl are falling for this. The cynics and the kooks might be pain in the butt but they are needed to keep government from becoming too intrusive even its in exchange for security.

As for nuclear blackmail issue so far we have not gone after anyone which has remotely has such capablities. We just made a new West Bank for al-queda suicide bombers in Iraq.

..so DAIC ..what do you support?

MikeH. Im leaning towards Edwards at the moment, but Id vote for Kerry in a heartbeat over Bush. (PS Mike and I are friends, so I forgive him cause he's been programmed by Rush.. but the family and I are working on getting a deprogrammer--hopefully, he will regain his senses soon!)

Good point, Wolfie. Many of us believe that by drawing us into Iraq. that we have dilluteed our focus against the real terrorists - Al Queda. This doesnt mean that we dont support our soliders in Iraq - quite the contrary. And I dont believe in the politicsof fear.