what's wrong?

rainbowdemon

I just burned a movie to dvd. When i put it in the player, the image on the tv is upside down. How in the hell did that happen? And can it be fixed?

:mad:

There is such a bug in DivX encoding....this happens a lot with ffdshow.....and some other DirectShow filters....if you are doing divx/xvid/avi encoding you have to change your codecs around i think....i uninstalled ffdshow (from klite codec pack) and re-encoded with stand-alone koepi xvid codec..(no codec pack)..worked perfectly mate..best of luck....

"just for the record, I had no problems until I installed ffdshow. After that all my videos played upside down. I wanted to use it to help solve some xvid problems. After I uninstalled it everything was fine again."

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=150504

"just for the record, I had no problems until I installed ffdshow. After that all my videos played upside down. I wanted to use it to help solve some xvid problems. After I uninstalled it everything was fine again."

I've never installed anything like that. The file was a two part avi. Encoded and burned with Nero. It plays upside down on a stand alone dvd player. It's the Philips, I think Kiwi recommended it. I've burned over 400 movies, and I've never had this happen before.

Great picture too!! I might just have to do that!!

:lol:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now