Snoop drops the drugs

Shawn

Snoop Dogg's turned his back on drink and drugs.

By his own admission, he used to have a reputation as a pothead but he says he realised drugs were ruining his image. So he quit.

Snoop reckons his life has never been better and that his hip-hop mates couldn't believe it when he quit smoking pot:

"I was really starting to feel like a drug addict, because you associate Snoop Dogg with weed. It wasn't good movies or great music, it was Snoop Dogg…weed…"

"I just said 'I don't want it no more.' I just left it alone, and once I started leaving it alone… I'm so controlled now, you know what I'm saying, I'm a better person, I'm a better father - it helped me to coach football."

"When I stopped smoking, I put signs up at my studio 'no smoking, no alcohol, no nothing' and the homies were coming over and they were like 'damn, he really ain't smoking, he's really serious!'"

Snoop Dogg stars in the remake of 'Starsky and Hutch' which is released in the UK next month.

Source: Radio1

Well lets see how long it lasts. But really if he doesn't wanna end up like ozzy he should quit pretty soon he isn't gonna be able to put a sentence together.

"I was really starting to feel like a drug addict..."
this statement is harmful to all the medical marijuana users and those others who've been pushing for decriminalisation of cannabis (like the folks at NORML).
a reputation as a pothead but he says he realised drugs were ruining his image. So he quit.
i think there's more to this story we're not hearing about, but hey. and it's obvious that yes, i smoke pot but thank fuck it's not an issue over here. last night i spent about an hour on the phone w/my mom, telling her how good it is not to feel like a criminal anymore.

this statement is harmful to all the medical marijuana users and those others who've been pushing for decriminalisation of cannabis (like the folks at NORML).

It may be, but if he's honestly expressing how he felt, the condition he was/is in, then what can we say?

I don't think anyone, from any side of the marijuana debate, will ever tell the whole, non-bias truth about it's effects.

I wouldn't know though.

I don't think anyone, from any side of the marijuana debate, will ever tell the whole, non-bias truth about it's effects.

yeah i certainly can't about this. and i think that as long as it's an issue, it's difficult for one not to be biased especially if there are strong feelings involved.

sorry mr.jip, i was in a hurry before:

pfft....the effects no offence i dont want to sound naive but..funck the effects (apart from the getting high feeling)

hee hee, i'll second that; happy we're 50 miles from the Dutch border. thwooooooooooop! B)