Close Up with Johnny Depp

KiwiCoromandel

Hollywood's hottest pirate has come to life again.....

Captain Jack Sparrow played by Johnny Depp is back in one of the most anticipated films of the year - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Depp is known for taking dark, challenging roles with characters who tread off the beaten track. But, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl gave the critically acclaimed actor his biggest ever box office success.

At the premiere of Dead Man's Chest Depp was rushed past screaming fans who had been waiting hours just to catch a glimpse of him. He told Close Up that sort of thing is something he will never get used to.

"For me I want to do everything I can to accommodate the people who've come out to salute, to say hi, and at a certain point there were just so many people...you know the Disney people and the wranglers just grabbed me and pushed me forward to get me in there so they could start the premiere so I felt horrible, I felt horrible that I just kind of had to wave to people," says Depp.

He says the truth is there wouldn't be a second Pirates, film if it weren't for the fans.

The famously private Depp has found himself at the centre of a huge phenomenon, in no small part due to his portrayal of Jack Sparrow.

In Dead Man's Chest Depp - as Sparrow - is once again thrown into the world of the supernatural when he finds out he owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones played by British actor Bill Nighy.

Will Turner, played by Orlando Bloom, and Elizabeth Swann, played by Keira Knightley, are also back for the sequel.

They are forced to join Sparrow on another misadventure, when his problem with Davey Jones wrecks their wedding plans.

Source: Close Up

post-193-1151538628_thumb.jpg

post-193-1151538646_thumb.jpg

I will be the first(and hopefully, not the last) to say Pirates of the Carribbean, The Black Pearl was a great movie...........and not something I would go and see as a rule........I will go and see Dead Man's Chest(and so will my husband, who never likes anything unless it has the feel of " Miami Vice" :lol:) but he also loved Pirates' first movie :thumbsup:

and Depp and Bloom aren't hurting my eyes, either

Edited by moonglow