Zion Williamson Was A "Hell Of A Poet" Back In High School

Amber

Zion Williamson is expected to be the number one overall pick in this year's NBA Draft after he had an exceptional year with the Duke Blue Devils. Thanks to his incredible athleticism and raw talent, Williamson could make an immediate impact with any team he plays for. While Williamson is incredibly gifted on the basketball court, he is also quite gifted in the classroom as well.

Williamson was once a student at the Spartanburg Day School in South Carolina where his teacher Bill Pell said he excelled in the literary arts.

"I hope he won't mind me saying this, but he's a hell of a poet," Pell said to ESPN's Mina Kimes. "The kid can write."

zionw.jpg

Hannah Foslien/Getty Images

At first, Zion was a little shy to share his poems but over time, he developed a pretty big passion for them.

"He'd give them to me – he was very cautious," Pell said. "I began making suggestions. Then all he did was write poems ... and the deeper we got into the year, the more complicated and sophisticated they became. They were remarkable."

Of course, you may remember that Zion had been exposed for his exploits on Snapchat. Perhaps if he had used his poetry prowess in those situations, he would have come across as much more of a ladies man.

Q-gfSGTckcY

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now