Wassup for the Weekend • 6/23/06

DudeAsInCool

Happy first weekend of summer everyone. Who is having a bar-b-q? Whose supplying the beer and whatever? :)

Some of the usual, taking dad shopping, and to see mom at the home. Some new enjoyment, IE helping Karen to move in, and just relaxing. PS, I had been quite a boozer for a long time, but quit cold turkey about 4 weeks ago, and havnt looked back. A new life allround.

major computer upgrade in progress....nearly done ready for the new week.......nice sunny winters day down here....... :) :)

I got my IMac rejuventated today. As an early adopter of the Intel Imacs, there were a couple bugs to work out, mainly with the Safari browser--runs wickedly fast now--and I mean FAST! :) But...that meant I lost all the passwords in my keychain, which means all the apps I bought had to be re-registered...and all the sites demanded I sign in again, including this one...its a pain in the ass. I bought a thing called pro-care, which allows a free transfer, and 1-1 training, and all kinds of group tutoritals for the Mac. Well...the 1 on 1s are great...now if they can just figure out where the hell 2.5 gigs of my email are then maybe I will cut them some slack. Staytuned to the airwaves if you hear about any bloodshed in LA...

Last but not least, I am going to get this thing called Lightscribe which burns images, etc, right on to your discs :) It requires me buying an external drive and another app--but after spending the rest of the day watching my printer being jammed by these stupid labels, I will gladly pay the piper.

I hope you are having more fun than I am Kiwi in computerland.

I got my IMac rejuventated today. As an early adopter of the Intel Imacs, there were a couple bugs to work out, mainly with the Safari browser--runs wickedly fast now--and I mean FAST! :) But...that meant I lost all the passwords in my keychain, which means all the apps I bought had to be re-registered...and all the sites demanded I sign in again, including this one...its a pain in the ass. I bought a thing called pro-care, which allows a free transfer, and 1-1 training, and all kinds of group tutoritals for the Mac. Well...the 1 on 1s are great...now if they can just figure out where the hell 2.5 gigs of my email are then maybe I will cut them some slack. Staytuned to the airwaves if you hear about any bloodshed in LA...

Last but not least, I am going to get this thing called Lightscribe which burns images, etc, right on to your discs :) It requires me buying an external drive and another app--but after spending the rest of the day watching my printer being jammed by these stupid labels, I will gladly pay the piper.

I hope you are having more fun than I am Kiwi in computerland.

i`ve got an internal lightscribe with this new rig dude....came with it as the default dvd combo.....and an external dvd/RAM reader/writer....droppix has a lightscribe set of software bundled with its burner software..its quite good....it`s called the Droppix Label Maker Deluxe Multilanguage v2.5...they also have a free CD/DVD Symbols Pack and a free LightScribe Pack with 60 background images created for use in your LightScribe CD and DVD labels for free download at their site.....decals that can be burned....i`m going to learn how to burn logos on to divx and xvid movie cds..you know..mpeg4 compressed video..mp3 compressed sound burned on in logo form..... :)

http://www.droppix.com/produit.php?action=...amp;rubrique=32

image:like this dude.... :)

post-193-1151361508_thumb.jpg

post-193-1151361993_thumb.jpg

post-193-1151362144_thumb.jpg

this weekend................

friday, low key

saturday, it just kept getting stranger and stranger and ended strangely.

today, woke up to a text message from my man (aim forwarding). :)

Saturday...we planted a tree in Planting Fields in Long Island in memory of my friend's mom. Later that night we all went to see Hot Tuna..David Bromberg played with them. What a SHOW! :happy:

Sunday...we went to a Sweet Sixteen Party for my niece...like a small wedding...geezz :wacko:

we have similar taste warflower......first govt mule..and now hot tuna!!!..another one of my favourite bands....as the old hot tuna song goes...."keep your lamps trimmed and burning"...... :) :)

Lyrics - Hot Tuna.......

Keep Your Lamps Trimmed And Burning.......

by the Rev. Gary Davis

Well mother don't you stop prayin'

Father keep right on prayin'

Don't you stop prayin' for this old world is almost done

Keep your lamps trimmed and burning

For this old world is almost done

Brother don't you stop prayin'

Sister keep right on prayin'

Don't you stop prayin' for this old world is almost done

Keep our lamps trimmed and burning

For our race is almost run....

post-193-1151537404_thumb.jpg

we have similar taste warflower......first govt mule..and now hot tuna!!!..another one of my favourite bands....as the old hot tuna song goes...."keep your lamps trimmed and burning"...... :) :)

I like their version of I Know You Rider...like the Dead's and Garcia's, too :)

:D Wish I had pics to post from the concert but I'll be sure get some good ones of Gov't Mule in Sept kiwi. :happy:

You know, David Bromberg and Jack CAssidy really blew me away...I was so impressed. :)

My husband said if they did Been So Long ..he'd drop his pants... AND HE DID! :lol:

Edited by Warflower