It's Hard to Believe That People Really Think Like This

DudeAsInCool

I came across this conservative web-site today with the heading "George W. Bush - 2004 Four More Years of Strong, Principled Leadership" which rails on and on about how liberals and left-wingers supposedly think. Feel free to visit the site. Below are some highlights from the site and my comments.

Source

Did you know our great Satan is Wal-Mart? :)

Then the preacher talks about how soldiers helped save a little girl, who was wounded in the war, and uses that to criticize John Kerry, a war veteran himself. Of course, there was a punchline: "To help Baby Noor, visit Lifeover Ministry and make a contribution."

Here was my favorite passage:

"While the moonbats are howling about "illegal" domestic spying via wiretapping, another mass grave has been discovered in Iraq. Rational people recognize the outrage over wiretapping as another symptom of Bush-hating, while recognizing the mass grave as a bona fide example of a heinous man reigning horror on his own nation. Iraqi officials said they found the skeletal remains of 31 people in what they described as a mass grave in the Shi'ite holy city of Kerbala on Tuesday."

Well, dingbat, what the hell does spying on your own people in America have to do with Saddam Hussein's crimes against his own people????!!!

And finally, because I couldn't get past reading a full page of this crap, did you know "80 and 90 percent of pregnant women whose babies test positive for Down's Syndrome choose to abort their baby rather than have a child with Down's Syndrome. Between 80 and 90 percent."

Yep, you heard it from a conservative medical expert - having an abortion causes Down's Syndrome. That does it - I'm pissed - I've seen the light and now realize that conservative values, e.g. hate the people who disagree with you - are the way to go.

By the way, anyone care to make a religious or corporate payoff to me? You can send it to DAIC care of Beatking and I will wave the American flag and bible in your honor. God bless George Bush!

And finally, because I couldn't get past reading a full page of this crap, did you know "80 and 90 percent of pregnant women whose babies test positive for Down's Syndrome choose to abort their baby rather than have a child with Down's Syndrome. Between 80 and 90 percent."

Yep, you heard it from a conservative medical expert - having an abortion causes Down's Syndrome. That does it - I'm pissed - I've seen the light and now realize that conservative values, e.g. hate the people who disagree with you - are the way to go.

I'm not sure you went at that right. It looks to me that he's saying that because they know the child will have DS they choose to abort. Not that earlier abortions cause DS.

--

And actually that segment in particular, "Endangered Humans", seems like pretty good writing to me. Are children with DS unworthy of life? I ask this only because it was the gist of the article. He thought people should be discussing it.

It's disturbing that people choose to abort Downs Syndrome babies. I've had the honour of knowing a number of people with Downs. They really are very sweet and special people, some of them incredibly talented. No less a blessing then other children.

What price perfection eh...

I'm not sure you went at that right. It looks to me that he's saying that because they know the child will have DS they choose to abort. Not that earlier abortions cause DS.

--

And actually that segment in particular, "Endangered Humans", seems like pretty good writing to me. Are children with DS unworthy of life? I ask this only because it was the gist of the article. He thought people should be discussing it.

You are probably right on that...I assumed wrongly that it was another anti-abortion speel. People with DS are worthy of life...

Dude has trouble with reading comprehension, which explains why he voted for Kerry. :lol:

Fortunately, we expect this type of mistake from liberals and that is why we help people vote in Ohio and Florida. :happy:

Dude has trouble with reading comprehension, which explains why he voted for Kerry. :lol:

Fortunately, we expect this type of mistake from liberals and that is why we help people vote in Ohio and Florida. :happy:

:skullbones: