Chilli From TLC Says She Cancelled R. Kelly Decades Ago

Amber

Lifetime's docu-series Surviving R. Kelly was quite the game changer. Since its debut, R. Kelly has been canceled from the culture. We've known for years about Kells penchant for luring underage women into his world of sex and entertainment, but for some reason, the world didn't have an overwhelming response to his wrongdoings until the docuseries dropped. Chilli from TLC didn't need a show to tell her that Kells was a creep, or so she says. While talking with TMZ, Chilli explains why she muted Kells decades ago. 

"It didn't take me to see a documentary to know the truth. I mean, he was canceled years ago, in my book, after marrying a 15-year-old child," spat Chilli. Of course, she's referencing Aaliyah's marriage to Kells in the early '90s when he was already in his late 20s. "Then, on top of that, I saw the tape at the studio," Chilli continued. "And I was just like... 'he's going to jail.' And then when I heard he was denying it, I was like 'WHAT?' How can you deny that?" Chilli went on to state that children have an underdeveloped frontal lobe, which may deter them from making rational decisions. The thought of an adult like Kelly preying on mentally immature girls is enough to make Chilli sick. 

885bWwB-nZs

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now