Chris Brown's Accuser Hopes For "Criminal Investigation" Into Rape Claims: Report

Amber

Chris Brown was hit with some pretty serious accusations earlier this week after a woman claimed his associates abused her after he raped her. Although the singer left the French police station without any charges being filed, the singer's accuser is hoping that the Public Prosecutor will open a criminal investigation into her claims.

The lawyer of the 24-year old woman who accused Chris Brown of rape, Franck Serfati, told The Blast about his client's hopes to bring justice to her case. “We hope legally that the Public Prosecutor will open a criminal investigation to shed light on these very serious facts," he said. Adding, “For now, my client is in a situation of distress and the impression that her voice is not perfectly heard.”

After being released from the custody of French authorities, the singer's attorney said he had filed a complaint for slander against the 24-year-old woman, but Serafti said that he hasn't seen any proof of this yet.

“As of today, I do not know if Chris Brown has filed a complaint against my client,” Serfati said. “But we know that the ‘best defense is the attack.'"

He continued: “We will fight to thwart his defense strategy, especially since my client claims to be a victim of aggravated rape, allegedly committed by three individuals, whose explanations seem to contain contradictions.”

Serafti told AP that his client “was not pressured physically” in the singer's hotel, but that she was surrounded “environment with great psychological pressure” from large and older men. Adding, "My client explains that it was non-consensual sex. She was not pressured physically." He also stated that his client was  “cornered her in a room that was locked" by Brown.

BJkYF7VJrgI

View the full article