Bush: "...Belief In God Influences (His) Foreign Policy"

DudeAsInCool

Bush Says He Tried to Avoid War 'To The Max,' Explains How God Shapes His Foreign Policy

President Bush today said he had tried to avoid war with Iraq "diplomatically to the max."

Speaking to a business group in Irvine, Ca., he admitted mistakes were made in planning for the Iraq invasion, but he defended the troop level, saying "it was the troop level necessary to do the job," and he would commit the same number if given a second chance.

Read more here:

Source: Editor and Publisher

Every leader has to have some moral guidance in their live. If he gets his from religion that's fine with me.

I honestly don't think religion should be involked in this sort of bullshit though. His religion had nothing with the decision to invade. If I'm wrong the U.S. is now the world's most powerful theocracy.

Every leader has to have some moral guidance in their live.

That's more like every "person", and some might not believe in the principle of "morals" (or have their own standards for their morals).

I expect leaders to make decisions based upon what best serves the population of the living world and the reality of what happens to human beings from day to day.

If their "moral guidance" coincides with this, fine. If their "moral guidance" is telling them to drop bombs on a city, then everyone needs to take a second look at the decision to see if it bests serves the people living their lives.

I'm not so sure some recent military action has been best for large populations of people.

And ironically 32% of people in this country that still support this dumbass.

90% of those people have 32 as their IQ. The rest are easily influenced by certain media or are elderly who have a distorted and misguided sense of nationalism; borderlining on blind endorsement of anything "America".

That's more like every "person", and some might not believe in the principle of "morals" (or have their own standards for their morals).

I simply mean that he has the same right to have his own moral compass.

I don't see where that coincides with killing either.

Agreed. But the whole religious context, Bush's, Bin Laden's, reminds me of a modern day Crusades. It's as if these two men have decided to take the whole world for a ride with their actions

I simply mean that he has the same right to have his own moral compass.

I don't see where that coincides with killing either.

Of course he has the right to a moral compass.

And the part about killing:

It coincides if "his" moral compass says to carry out a foreign policy decision that results in death.

Nobody is saying that a person doesn’t have the right to a “moral compass”. They are responsible for their actions though; compass or not.

Also, a minor note; what you quoted has nothing to do with Bush, killing, foreign policy, or anything of relevance. It was an opinion footnote about the basic nature of "morals".

Ken is right. We all believe in morals and personal freedoms but this is a country's leader. A country which has many nationalities (which he is trying to destroy with the new anti-immigration laws) and religions. Personal views are not allowed by him. What next? Force everyone to wear boots and talk texan just cause he likes it?

Ken's looking for debate I guess. My post was in total agreeance.

I meant I don't see where ones moral compass allows killing.

Yeah, what all you guys said.

So basically, Bush admitted this is a faith-based undertaking. Great.

Do they even have skyscrapers tall enough so we can crash planes too?

My Secretary of State's relatives were enslaved in the United States even though we had a Constitution that said all were -- that believed in the dignity, or at least proclaimed to believe in the dignity of all.

Oh, do pluck my heartstrings again, Señor Bush.

Do they even have skyscrapers tall enough so we can crash planes too?

They used to, but God knocked it down.

This does make sense. Those of you who have read the Bible (or at least the kids picture version, or even just watched the right Simpsons episodes...), you will see that God does indeed like killing people in the Middle East ;) :P

Ken is right. We all believe in morals and personal freedoms but this is a country's leader. A country which has many nationalities (which he is trying to destroy with the new anti-immigration laws) and religions. Personal views are not allowed by him. What next? Force everyone to wear boots and talk texan just cause he likes it?

Bush is actually more open about immigration than most...