K Camp Remixes Kodak Black's "Calling My Spirits"

Amber

The string arrangement, written and produced by Southside and Jake One for Kodak Black's "Calling My Spirit," is the ideal backdrop for deep introspection - inherently the reason for its conception in the first place. With Kodak Black on a slightly less-angular path to peace of mind, the onus was on K Camp to shed new light, on what some might consider a "feeble trick of the mind."

K Camp doesn't borrow from the original deck of cards to create his version of "Calling My Spirit," by listening to murmurs in his gut. Recreating a lucid moment from a resting position is harder than it looks. K Camp had to delete the impression Kodak Black made on the original recording, without falling into a ho-hum pattern. "Calling My Spirit (Freestyle)" may be nothing more than a rough stencil in the grand scheme of things, but unlike the majority of cipher-driven tee offs, this one might stand the test of time. 

Quotable Lyrics:

Feel like the new Makavell
I done fell in love with myself
Everyone wanna get to heaven
Feel like I'm fighting through hell
Been calling out my spirit
Not too sure if you hear it
Won't let 'em fuck with my spirit.

xfp086z8GV4

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?