21 Savage & Childish Gambino Create A "monster" Of A Masterpiece

Amber

21 Savage just dropped his highly anticipated album I Am > I Was, and it's everything we hoped it would be. Although there are several standout tracks on the album, "monster" featuring Childish Gambino has been on repeat since it started playing over here. Axl Folie & DJ Dahi construct an instrumental that sounds like nostalgia feels, and it's the perfect backdrop for 'Bino and 21. The playful keys are relaxing, but mysterious at the same time.

'Bino kicks off the single with a verse that sounds like it came from the Camp era. He has sounded more poised and outgoing on records lately. But on "monster," 'Bino revisits that whimsical flow that helped establish his cult following. 21 and Gambino sing the stirring chorus together before the former dives into his verse. 21's lyrical ability is exemplary throughout the album, and he continues with his sharp insight on "monster." This is a collaboration that works well from top to bottom.

Quotable Lyrics
Neighborhood soundin' like, "Pop, pop"
Pick 'em up, roll 'em out
All of that drip drip there got young boy drop drop
Ayy ayy (Ayy ayy), oh (Oh)
Where that money go?
I was livin' fast
They gon' watch 'em slow
All these niggas got six figures, they won't miss an O
I'm gon' shoot they baby mama if I got the pole,

2eRa6tZGPdU

View the full article