Ozzy's stage career 'may be over'

MikeHunt

Ozzy's stage career 'may be over'

Rock singer Ozzy Osbourne has said he is frightened he may not appear on stage again after his life-threatening biking accident in December.

The star told US TV show Primetime the thought of not being able to perform scared him.

"I'm really frightened because music is the love of my life," he said.

Osbourne, who has had well-documented problems with substance abuse, also fears he may be addicted to painkillers he was prescribed after the accident.

"I've been fighting that battle for nearly 20 years. I can't just stop," he told the ABC programme.

The 55-year-old suffered eight broken ribs, a smashed collarbone, a punctured lung and a crushed vertebra in his neck after the crash on his Buckinghamshire estate.

The former Black Sabbath singer was in a coma for eight days and was saved by his bodyguard Sam Ruston, who gave Osbourne mouth-to-mouth resucitation.

At the end of last year Osbourne was voted rock star of the year in a poll of Virgin Radio listeners.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...sic/3504023.stm

:lmao:

poor ozzy. I mean you watch the osbournes and the guy is so wasted and screwed up that you gotta laugh when really its sad.

If that doesnt tell you not to do drugs then I dont no what will.

The next osbournes should be intresting. It looks like they are actually gonna show the crash. They showed on the preview the boby guard coming over and helping him. Im gonna watch it but I didnt catch when it will be on. I'll keep an eye on it.

No kidding.... he sometimes forgets to take the mike around with him when he moves around too. In the middle of the verse he starts walking, leaving the mike on the stand. It's funny, but in a way it's not. Thats what years of abusing yourself will get you.

Although his saying that "he fears his career may be over" may be a publicity stunt, (several artists have done that) he certainly isn't getting any younger. I wouldn't be suprised if he did call it quits after this year. He's been more active in the past 5yrs than he has in is whole career. It's got to be hard on someone his age.

Of course they could keep the Ozzfest going every year and have Kelly Osbourne as the main act.

:huh:

Scary thought... ain't it! :D

Sam