Cat Survives Shooting Spree

DudeAsInCool

Loose cats can be a nuisance. I wonder if the person that shot the cat was tired of cleaning up the garbage after the cat scattered it, having their flowers damaged or killed because of the cat using the flower bed as a litter box, being awakened by the cat doing what most cats do and so on.

Most cities have ordinances that require you keep control of your cat just like your dog. It's harder to enforce the law on cat owners. Why was her cat roaming the neighborhood? Was it shot in her yard?

I have occassionally killed cats and dogs for the offenses listed above when the problem gets severe. First I try to catch the animal because I like cats and dogs. If unable to catch the animals I shoot them dead. I don't patrol the neighborhood looking for stray animals but when they cause me considerable problems I just shoot them, and not with a pellet gun. <_>

Edited by Redneck4sure

Right, like we believe you :lol:

shooting defenseless animals is criminal no matter who's property they are on

Shooting something on someone else's property (in this case a yard) is a completely different issue than shooting nusiance animals on your property. This sounds more like the work of some dumbass kid (or someone with mental capacity of a kid) than an adult.

However, I would not rule out the local drunk sitting on his porch either. On the other hand it was in FL and they did pass a law that you can shoot if you perceive a threat. ;)

Red would probably agree with me on this: shooting into someone else's property is not generally a good idea. They might have more ammo than you. ;)

That is generally a true statement. However, it would not apply to me. :lol:

For the cat to be shot that many times they must have had the cat trapped or it would have ran away. If they had it trapped why didn't they just kill it? It is a bizarre story for sure.

Probably kids. Most likely some liberal's kids. :lol:

Most of the stray animals around my house find a rub job and a free meal if they are friendly. Quite a few have even found a new home here. I just can't tolerate animals passing by and creating problems on a regular basis. I don't recall ever capping one that was a first time offender. :)

That is generally a true statement. However, it would not apply to me. :lol:

For the cat to be shot that many times they must have had the cat trapped or it would have ran away. If they had it trapped why didn't they just kill it? It is a bizarre story for sure.

Probably kids. Most likely some liberal's kids. :lol:

Most of the stray animals around my house find a rub job and a free meal if they are friendly. Quite a few have even found a new home here. I just can't tolerate animals passing by and creating problems on a regular basis. I don't recall ever capping one that was a first time offender. :)

What about the goats?

We have a lot more that would do the job needed. I do hunt, but totally hate people that hurt/injure animals to just cause pain. Bluntly put, we live on our disibility. What we shoot we eat, and treat with respect. I do understand there are critters ( out of defference to Redneck ) that are a royal pain in the ass, we have many here at present, including our new Primeminister. To intentionally cause pain is very sick, and i would gladly give them some back.

I came home yesterday and there was a large white dog with no collar in my yard and he appeared lost and confused. I figgered some asshole put him out. When I got out of the car, he got in. :lol:

After some coaxing, he got out but wouldn't let me touch him. He just hung around for a while and stayed nearby but always a couple of feet away from being touched. He didn't appear malnourished so I didn't feed him. The animal control folks won't come out on the weekend so I just let him be. After a couple of hours he went on his way. :)

However, if he comes back, terrorizes my miniature weenie dog, scatters the garbage and barks.....I'll kill him. :o

If he growls at my wife or tries to bite her......he's a keeper 4sure. :lol: