Face of Muhammed

Malicious Intent

Pictures can be found here: http://face-of-muhammed.blogspot.com/

I just dont get it.

I can see that it could upset a couple of fringe fanatics, but there are 100,000s people out protesting according to some reports. Some people are throwing around pipe bombs and there are people in London are waving flags requesting more 7/7 style bombings.

I like to think myself as open minded, but not even the Guardian newspaper has any defence for this.

I think I'm suffering what I stand against - racism brought on by fear of differences.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to go out and treat Muslims differently, graffiti mosques or vote BNP, but it is definately there :(

The reason for reacting like is not the cartoons but those scetches is like a match thrown in a gasoline tank. These past years, muslims around the world have been faced with fear and racism just for being muslim. All this because some radicals have terrorised people around the globe.

The same would happen even if christians were in their shoes.

It all started by invading Iraq. Bush and Co decided it was time for the christians to overcome. Sounds stupid and shallow as a thought but look at the time this whole thing started and check out the facts.

All we have to do (we as in non muslim) is try to understand them.

BTW 100000 muslims is nothing compared to the muslim population of the planet. Perhaps we are giving this whole story more attention than it should. That's what they want us to do.

It was a bad timing to publish that stuff anyway. Very stupid of them.

my 2 eurocents

It all started by invading Iraq. Bush and Co decided it was time for the christians to overcome. Sounds stupid and shallow as a thought but look at the time this whole thing started and check out the facts.

The New Crusades started with 911 - Bush used the event as an excuse

Here is what some Arab journalists think of the cartoon controversy

http://www.slate.com/id/2135449/

Cartoons that offend the muslims. how about the throwing of the koran in a toilet? the muslims flip out over these kind of things!! when they are taking hostages and beheading them on tv. For the sake of their god!! What kind of creator would allow the killing of his creatures. i would bet, they would kill , in the name of their god the cartoonist if they could.

Cartoons that offend the muslims. how about the throwing of the koran in a toilet?  the muslims flip out over these kind of things!! when they are taking hostages and beheading them on tv.  For the sake of their god!!  What kind of creator would allow the killing of his creatures. i would bet, they would kill , in the name of their god the cartoonist if they could.

I think the radical muslims are just a small percentage of that culture...at least, I hope so. The violent extremists will never meet Allah - those nuts are going straight to hell

When I was growing up, we used the top floors in our hour to foreign college students. I remember interrupting this Muslim guy as he was praying - he was fairly amused by my antics as a 6 year old. Im sure that guy was probably representative of the mainstream of Muslims - very nice guy.

Syrians Storm Embassies Over Caricatures

DAMASCUS, Syria - Rage against caricatures of Islam's revered prophet poured out across the Muslim world Saturday, with aggrieved believers calling for executions, storming European buildings and setting European flags afire.

Thousands of outraged Syrian demonstrators stormed the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus, setting fire to both buildings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060204/ap_on_...rophet_drawings

There's no excuse for this - these people need to get a life. All this rage over a cartoon - it's absolutely shameful

post-91-1139082663.jpg

Agreed Dude.

The major problem I see is a group trying to force their religious practices upon another. [similar to the 'liberation' of Iraq somewhat] It's absurd for any Muslims to think that because they are bound to not depict Mohammed that all people are similarily so held.

Mohammed was a fair and just man who did not force non-believers [Christians/Jews] to convert, but did demand obedience of his believers. This is far from that.

Two Jordan editors are arrested

Two Jordanian newspaper editors who published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have been arrested. Jihad Momani and Hisham Khalidi are accused of insulting religion under Jordan's press and publications law.

Mr Momani was fired from the weekly Shihan after reproducing the cartoons - originally printed in Denmark - which have caused a global storm of protest.

One of the cartoons depicts Muhammad as a terrorist. Any images of the Prophet are banned under Islamic tradition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4680948.stm

ANY PUBLICATION ON THIS SITE OF D.A.I.C.'S RELIGIOUS CACTUS AVATAR BY ANOTHER WILL BE MET WITH A BEHEADING BY SHAWN - YOU ARE WARNED!

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this was an interesting turn. I received a mass email from the President of my university.

I feel I must publicly communicate with our campus community on what I

have just seen in the student newspaper.

In the February 23 edition of the Sheaf, the editors explained that they

would not publish the controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad. It

is surprising that they did not exercise similar restraint in their

decision to publish 'Capitalist Piglet' in the March 2 issue of the

paper. This is a cartoon that is certain to cause distress to members of

our community. It has divisive shock value only and does nothing to

advance the understanding or debate for which universities should be

distinguished.

The Sheaf should apologize to us all.

Peter MacKinnon

President

One week after refusing to publish the infamous "Mohammed Cartoons" for fear that they were too offensive to believers of the Muslim religion (no shit), The Sheaf has published a cartoon entitled "Capitalist Piglet" which depicts Jesus Christ giving a blowjob to the title character.

Click...BANG. You can almost hear the gunshot, eh? Then again, The Sheaf isn't exactly the best campus paper out there...considering that during the recent election, they were so low on material that they decided to again include the poster competition. (Ironically enough, Evan "Tank" Cole's poster was disqualified from competition, but he won the election. Seems that reputation really DOES matter more than the poster design itself.) Anyways, back to the little flub in the Sheaf: I just recieved an email from the head honcho. That's right. The University President (McKinnon if I remember correctly) has exclaimed his desire for an apology from The Sheaf. Oh...snap.

source

post-91-1141523721.jpg

Aye, I agree they were right not to publish them.

They shouldn't have published this either though by that standard.

I feel awful but I agree on not publising the cartooms

I wish there were some way to put brain in some people's heads

The protesters are boycotting countries, smashing up embassies and even killing people.

As counter-protests go, I don't think publishing a few cartoons in a newspaper is too bad.

I feel awful but I agree on not publising the cartooms

I see no problem in posting the Cartoons. Doing so would not be disrespectful to a culture or to a religion in my opinion. The rioters need to get a life. If they can't laugh at themselves or their culture or religion, then it shows they are missing an aspect of humanity. Shame on them!

I got this in an email today.

Muslim outrage huh.  OK ... let's do a little historical review.  Just some lowlights:

* Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.  A Christian school.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.  No Muslim outrage.

* A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.  Kills six.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.  Muslims shoot children in the back.  No Muslim outrage.

* Let's go way back.  Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.  Over 700 are injured.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.  No Muslim outrage

* Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.  No Muslim outrage.

* Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.  Muslims are outraged.

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about their outrage. They can kiss my Jurassic ass.

I got this in an email today. 
Muslim outrage huh.  OK ... let's do a little historical review.  Just some lowlights:

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about their outrage. They can kiss my Jurassic ass.

Problem is - the terrorists mentioned in your post are only a small percentage of the true muslim population. As were the rioters. I dont believe the represent the mainstream of Muslims - just as our President does not represent our mainstream :lol:

I agree. I don't mean all Muslims. I'm talking about the ones rioting and acting like they are so offended. They can kiss my Jurassic ass. :lol:

They can kiss my 16 yr old ass, too