The Cold Snap

DudeAsInCool

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

it's a freezing cold +56 today with an expected high of +66 tomorrow. It's supposed to hover around 66-68 the next 5 days :)

It had been very mild here, and although it hit -10 Celsus here last night, it is back up to + .4 C right now. Our snowfall has been way below normal so far this winter, although by the end of this little snowfall this evening, we should have about 10 CM, or around 4 inches, with more forecast by Wednesday. With both the wife, and i layed up we really dont want or need any snow, although Im going to clean out my dads driveway in the morning. PS, until we got this snow the bloody grass was still growing.

Well Jyl had a really super day, as she bought some thankyou cards, and insisted on delivering them personally to the staff at our local hospital, and our family Dr. After that , she said come hell or high water she had to vote in our federal election. She was tired, afterwards, but she was walking with no pain at all. Im not a wimp, but to see her walk, abit slowly to the voting booth, and showing how determined she was brought tears to my eyes. Nobody expected to see her there, but like she said "if you dont vote you have no right to bitch". PS, the nurses were so glad to see her finally able to walk you just cant imagine. She just walked right into emergency,gave them their card, and said thankyou for all you have put up with, and done for me. :wub:

it's a freezing cold +56 today

If it was 56 degrees F here, it would be time for Ken to temporarily break out shorts and a T-Shirt (maybe even sleeveless if there is moderate physical activity involved, like digging shallow graves).

Interesting Shawn, and I wonder how many other places are having warmer than average winters, and how many are having sonwfalls that are not the norm?

This year it's been slightly warmer in my area, however, last year it was well well well below the average.

I had never seen so many single digit days (degrees F).

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

lol the 'freezing cold 56' was sarcasm... but to a lot of people around here, 50ish and below means break out your jackets... we just aren't used to it.

I have a friend that's from Chicago that lives here now and one day last semester it was about 50 or so... lots of people on campus had on these big jackets, but this guy from Chicago was in shorts and a t-shirt and people thought he was crazy... he just said something like 'this is actually warm weather'

Too much snow today. The whole country and most of Europe is having big problems this week. Too cold.

check out the pic...

yeah.....same problem in Italy too :yup:

We had about 15cm/ 6inches of snow overnight, but no big deal, and as it got to +3 Celsus most of it melted away today. Its 9:45PM here, and still slightly above freezing. Not record setting going by the temp, but possibly it could be a record when the tally comes in for our average temp this winter. Great for our heating bills, and my back as there has not been much snow to remove, but not great for the worry on why this change has happened, and if its just a fluke of nature, or part of the mess we are making of this planet. :(