Who knows about Datbase shite?

Amber

Ok, so i have a friend who is having troubles with some school work. She has a final due very soon and needs help.

1) The manager wants to know the inventory value of items in stock. Create a query to display Item ID, Description, On Hand, Cost, and Inventory Value (On Hand * Cost). Name the query, Query1. (Inventory Value is a calculated field.)

2) The owner of Logo Greats has decided to increase the cost of their items by 15 percent. The hockey shop manager has decided to raise the selling price of all Logo Greats items by 10 percent. Create an update query to reflect the new costs of all Logo Greats items and the new selling price of all Logo Greats items. Name the query, Query2.

3a) Management needs more information about the shop’s vendors. Add the following to the Vendor table.

3b) Notes is a Memo data type field.

3c) Last Order Date is a Date/Time data type field

That's what she's having trouble with, anyone who can direct her in the right direction, please contact me.

Well....if you understood that it was "math" your doing better than I am. I looked and was like....Uhhhhh *drool*drool* yea, you may want to ask BK, ZP...etc :lol:

This is why I did NOT go into IT, instead, I'm going to argue my way through life :bigsmile:

I just got done taking a database class (I took the final yesterday).

This looks like an (Microsoft) Access assignment.

Ok, for #1:

Open Access and the Database, go into the queries tab and then use the query wizard. When that opens you simply select the fields that are needed by using the arrows. As for "Inventory Value", since that is a calculated field, you'll create that one later. Ok, so after the fields are selected, just breeze through the options and don't worry about sorting by any fields as that wasn't specified. When you get to the last screen, select the option to modify the query's design so that you can add the calculated field manually.

This URL will give a good, detailed example for the field parameters after it's created:

http://www.jmu.edu/computing/ittraining/tu...calcfield.shtml

It'll look like this: Inventory Value: [On Hand] * [Cost]

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, #2:

For the update query, here's a nice tutorial since I'm too lazy and not good at explaining things:

http://www.ehow.com/how_14048_create-update-action.html

So basically, when you type in the criteria, you're going to multiply cost by 15 percent and price by 10 percent.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok. #3:

For the three table questions, just open the table in design view. I don't understand part "a" because I don't know what they want added to the vendor table. For the last two, in design view, just edit the properties for the Notes field and Last Order Field. I'll attach a screenshot as an example of where to edit the properties. Remember, I'm just showing you how I defined the data type by showing where the option is selected. Obviously my table doesn't have any other fields on it or comments in the comment section.

post-59-1134586886.jpg