Rock Band 311, Stapp Fight in Baltimore

BALTIMORE - Former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp and members of the band 311 were involved in a fight on Thanksgiving in the lounge of a luxury hotel, according to hotel security staff and 311 members.

311 were in Baltimore for a weekend concert when several members ran into Stapp earlier that day, band drummer Chad Sexton told The Associated Press. Both Stapp and 311 have the same producer, and Sexton said there were no problems during the first meeting.

But Stapp later came into the Harbor Court Hotel bar while Sexton and bandmates SA Martinez and P-Nut were watching basketball on television. He stepped in front of the screen and said, "311, I am ready to fight," according to Sexton.

Read entire story here.

Wow, talk about conflicting reports.

The first part of the article says Stapp instigates and hits someone, then the security guard says the security cameras show the opposite, and in the middle are accusations of "inappropriate" comments and Stapp............drinking?

As I heard about 3 years ago when I had a mild interest in Creed, Stapp had problems with drinking and drug use and stopped before Creed gained attention (when "My Own Prison" was released in '98).

If he's drinking, I bet he caused at least some of the problems.

Local radio said it was all on Stapp. BUt that was according to the 311 website. Since I happen to own some Creed and would not touch 311 with a ten-foot pole, I am almost tempted to side with Stapp. But I am no fan of bible-bangers. Seems I am at a loss here.

My thoughts are for the innocent bystanders and the broken glass.

it just seems like he's an egotistical prick.

From various accounts, this seems to be a popular consensus.

But I am no fan of bible-bangers.

The music wasn't really "bible-banging".

There were religious overtones, but it always just seemed like the personal experience of the person writing the song (more often than not Stapp), and considering the fact that he was Christian, it's not surprising. Actually a lot of the songs were not really religious at all.

In closing, Creed really wasn't all that great. They became a bit too repetitive after My Own Prison.

Stapp by himself is not appealing to me music wise.