Lemmy A Living Legend

lemmy.jpgMotorhead frontman Lemmy received a Living Legend award at the inaugural Classic Rock 'n' Roll Of Honour awards.

Lemmy's award coincided with his 60th birthday and Motorhead's 30th anniversary and a host of stars paid tribute.

Deep Purple were honoured with the Classic Album award for their seminal 1970 album Deep Purple In Rock.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page was also at the awards at London's Café De Paris.

Lemmy's one of /my/ godz. :)

Now he's a goD for sure...

1005_motorhead.jpg

Stevenson Signs Motorhead

October 2005 - SEG has entered into an agreement with Bravado International for figural and statue rights to the infamous band Motorhead. For the past 30 years, Lemmy Kilmister and his band Motorhead have seen and done it all and lived to tell about it. And what's more amazing is that they're still going strong. Not only did Motorhead pick up a Grammy in 2005, but they're still out on the road playing to sold out crowds around the world. Viewed by his peers and the masses as the "Godfather" of hard rock music, Lemmy has become an indisputable icon that has etched his place in history as one of the best.

SEG is proud to announce it will be releasing a highly detailed figure of Lemmy Kilmister in the Spring of 2006 with a statue of the iconic Warpig logo in the Fall of 2006.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Lemmy To Rock Till He Drops

Motorhead frontman Lemmy is refusing to retire when he turns 60 next year, insisting he plans to rock until he drops.

Despite collapsing on stage in Germany in July, Lemmy insists he is as fit as ever - and couldn't contemplate a life away from music.

The singer, whose real name is Ian Kilmister, says, "What have you got that's better than what I do? I get to travel all over the world, I get to sleep with women of all colours and religious persuasions and I get to play the music I like and make people happier than they were when I arrived.

"I don't see why there should be a point where everyone decides you're too old. I'm not too old, and until I decide I'm too old I'll never be too fucking old."

Source