USScientists Propose ReIntroducing Large Mammals

DudeAsInCool

Elephants, lions to roam North America once more?

Scientists are proposing reintroducing large mammals such as elephants, lions, cheetahs and wild horses to North America to replace populations lost 13,000 years ago.

A The scientists say that not only could large tracts of North America act as breeding sanctuaries for species of large wild animals under threat in Africa and Asia, but that such ecological history parks could be major tourist attractions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/usa_wild_dc;_yl...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

lions, cheetahs

Yeah, that's nice.

Just what North America needs; deadly predator animals. They don't see the threat to human life. Many villages in Africa are victimized by the occasional predator that drags children off into the jungle. I say "no thank you" to the killer cats.

I’ll be damned I go west again or elsewhere to do something like mineral hunting and have to put up with the threat of a fucking cheetah.

This will never happen.

This will never happen.

There's a lot of wilderness - I think reintroduction could work if it was planned ala the San Diego Zoo...

Not to mention the danger to the existing wildlife habitats.

There's a bigger danger that this wildlike wont exist at all if someone (country) doesnt make a move to protect them for future generations

There's a lot of wilderness

Not enough to protect a predator from its prey.

Let's face it; a human being would be PREY to a lion.

Death by lightning wouldn't be the only tragedy to befall the Boy Scouts of America.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4160560.stm

"There are going to have to be some major attitude shifts. That includes realising predation is a natural role, and that people are going to have to take precautions."

Fuck that assholes. How about I take a precaution right now; my fist into your face? There's my attitude shift, and there's your nose shifted into the back of your skull.

This is the ultimate in environmental extremism.

Predation is a natural role, but introducing a non-native predator onto a new continent is NOT natural. It's stupid, foolish, and dangerous.

This will NEVER happen. The majority of citizens in the U.S. (from every party, creed, race, etc..) will reject this.

We have more confrontations all the time with the present critters we have here, by people that dont have a clue what they are dealing with. We have made a mess of nature already, and introduction of non native species, is just another way continuing the screwups.