Stones release songs from new album

rollingstones.jpegThe Rolling Stones have released songs from their new album, five weeks before its official release.

Three new tracks from A Bigger Bang will be available to buy online.

It is the first time a major act has made album tracks available in such a way, according to the band.

The band embark on a world tour on August 21 and the album will be released on September 5.

source:AP

lemme know if any are real rockers and maybe i'll bother. :)

i heard a couple of previews the other day (didn`t catch the songtitles)..but it sounded good..keith richards guitar was very prevalent in one track..i wish i had gotten the songtitle now..... :(

post-92-1123566183.jpg

JAGGER ROCKS BUSH, RICE: 'HOW COME YOU'RE SO WRONG, MY SWEET NEO-CON'

"You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/ You call yourself a patriot. Well, I think your are full of sh*t!... How come you're so wrong, my sweet neo-con."

Ready to drop in the coming weeks, a new Bush-bashing tune from the ROLLING STONES: "Sweet Neo Con."

"It is direct," Mick Jagger says with a laugh to fresh editions of NEWSWEEK.

"Keith [Richards] said, 'It's not really metaphorical.' I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S." Jagger explains. "But I don't."

The full lyric also mocks National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice.

News about the song surfaced a few weeks ago with many expecting that it would not make the finally cut on the new CD, A BIGGER BANG.

Jagger once vowed not to comment on the political process in the United States.

"I feel very much at home in America. I've spent half my adult life here. I have many personal feelings. But I'm from the school that considers it impolite to comment on other people's elections. Now if I had the vote - and I should have, as I pay so much in taxes - I would have a lot to say."

Now with the elections long over, the tongue is unleashed!

The band kicks off its world tour in Boston on Aug. 21.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3rs.htm

Now with the elections long over, the tongue is unleashed!

WTF is that supposed to mean?

i'm reading Maureen Dowd's first NYT column after her hiatus and found this: 'The N.F.L. put out a press release on Monday announcing that it's teaming up with the Stones and ABC to promote "Monday Night Football." and unfortunately it's true (so AFAIC, this album better be reeeeal good to make up for that shit). :lol:

'The N.F.L. put out a press release on Monday announcing that it's teaming up with the Stones and ABC to promote "Monday Night Football." and unfortunately it's true (so AFAIC, this album better be reeeeal good to make up for that shit). :lol:

:lol:

Some of us actually like football - so go back to your knitting :lol:

knitting? WHAT KNITTING? :lol: however, i am soon to be making a very nice silver cover for our six foot bong. :)

i'm coming from the old skool (very old school, lol) where sports and music never mixed and those into sports beat the bloody shit out of those into music every chance they could (ps, my dad almost had a heart attack the first time he heard 'we will rock you' at stadiums and in truth, so did i)

BUT :lol: after i posted the above NFL/stones thingy, i came across now the fascists are after mick jagger :lol:

gems like 'After Vogel's report, Cavuto hosted Joseph Anthony of Vital Marketing. Cavuto asked, "Should we boycott him?" We, "boycotted the Dixie Chicks when they railed against the President," he said. Anthony didn't think we should because we have a Constitutional right to say things like this, but nonetheless Cavuto reminded viewers of Eminem's song "Mosh," which Cavuto said "vilified" and "caricatured" Bush, and he brought up Bruce Springsteen who, he said, came out last year "on his political soap box'

and 'Comment: Due to faux patriots like Fox News, the Rush Limbaughs, the Matt Drudges and the Clear Channels of this world, a fairly large segment of our citizenry believes that (l) one should never speak ill of the president - this particular president, that is, and (2) people who disagree with this particular president have no right to say so.

'One of the characteristics of fascism is to use violence and modern techniques of propaganda and censorship to forcibly suppress political opposition. I'd say Fox News (Drudge was on this today too) is doing a good job of employing "modern techniques of propaganda" to mount a campaign "to suppress" the "political opposition" posed by Mick Jagger.

'By the way, I thought neo-cons were MACHO men. After all, they bomb countries and kill people for no reason. If they're afraid of four lines in a Mick Jagger song, I think girlie man is the shoe that fits. Geez.'

the comments below are pretty good as well. :)

'By the way, I thought neo-cons were MACHO men.

So much so, they send other people to war, having never gone themselves :evil:

hey--it's the amerikan way! where would we be w/o all the real brains making decisions on things like thousands of less important, powerless, stupider, poor people dying?

i'm reading Maureen Dowd's first NYT column after her hiatus and found this: 'The N.F.L. put out a press release on Monday announcing that it's teaming up with the Stones and ABC to promote "Monday Night Football." and unfortunately it's true (so AFAIC, this album better be reeeeal good to make up for that shit). :lol:

I remember your favorite Beatle, John Lennon, actually attending a Monday Night Football game and being interviewed by Howard Cosell....Lennon was enjoying American football.

i am soon to be making a very nice silver cover for our six foot bong. :)

a 6 foot bong slum??......i love it mate...see...size does matter.....on the subject of bongs and stuff has any beatking stateside member ever heard or seen anything from these guys??... :)

IRON BONG...

Texas acid rock with pounding rhythms and the ultimate psych guitar. Highly recommended to fans of 35007, Sula Bassana, Monkey3 and the Nasoni Records catalog. Really great stuff!!

El Danno

StonerRock.com

A wild and quirky band, Iron Bong takes slowly developing patterns and overlays them with mega freaky bleeps and blurps. Part floating electronica and part everywhere at once electro madness, the combination produces an interesting effect and its position is well outside the Earth's atmosphere....

edit.....don`t you just love that name...iron bong, iron bong, IRON BONG!!!..it has a ring to it...... :bigsmile:

post-92-1123713876.jpg

" By the way, I thought neo-cons were MACHO men. After all, they bomb countries and kill people for no reason. If they're afraid of four lines in a Mick Jagger song, I think girlie man is the shoe that fits. Geez. ".........

:lol::lol::lol:

post-92-1123714689.jpg

Jagger Says Song Not an Anti-Bush Tirade

NEW YORK - The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release Sept. 6. There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

for the complete article click:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050810/ap_en_..._rolling_stones

I remember your favorite Beatle, John Lennon, actually attending a Monday Night Football game and being interviewed by Howard Cosell....Lennon was enjoying American football.

*sigh* it's different when Brits do it (as i learnt the hard way w/the acid-house country techno gospel stuff). :lol:

kiwi, AFAIC, 'iron bong' reminds me of 'iron butterfly' (both stupid names IMO). and that last pic of keith is scarey :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard seven complete tracks, including "My Sweet Neocon"...the Stones are back. There's an energy and committment to the songs I heard, unlike so many of the thrown together albums from the last two decades. Jagger's voice has changed so little over the last 40 years, it's incredible. When so many of the other rock icons, such as Paul McCartney, struggle to hit anywhere close to the notes they used to sing with ease, Jagger still sails through his admittedly different style like a much younger man. This album should really be worth a listen.