The Press Gangbang the Press Secretary

DudeAsInCool

Robert Novak flips out, walks off CNN show :lol: Never Answer Questions On Rove Affair, CNN Suspends him

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508040004

Arlen Specter Attacks Novak

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_sho...l?article=58686

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: i love it. wonkette: BREAKING: Novak Takes His Lack of Balls and Goes Home: '...Off topic but we can't resist wondering about this comment from Novak:

"a lot of my trouble in the world is they've doctored my makeup and the colorrized me in a lot of newspapers on my picture. i sympathize with her."

Bob Novak's image problems come from people Photoshopping him? Really? Not from the whole "ratting out my sources and shilling for the administration" thing? Really?

UPDATE: Does this mean that MSNBC will give Novak his own show?'

vids of the corpse of robert novak getting all huffy after saying 'bullshit' on air here. :)

vids of the corpse of robert novak getting all huffy after saying 'bullshit' on air here. :)

the video was already posted above :lol:

sorry, Dude...i'm still asleep; it's pathetic, i already spilt a vial of my liver med (10 days worth) and put special kitty milk in my first coffee after waking up w/o a nosering and i still can't find it in the bed. ha ha, my day's starting off right. :nope:

edit: forgot to say 'touche' or something :lol:

sorry, Dude...i'm still asleep; it's pathetic, i already spilt a vial of my liver med (10 days worth) and put special kitty milk in my first coffee after waking up w/o a nosering

:rotfl:

yeah, yeah, 's funny when it doesn't happen to you (and it's funny cuz it's true).

and a good tou-fuckin-che' to you too, sir *in a John Goodman/the big lebowski voice* :wacko: yeah i'm still asleep at the wheel over here...*snore*

y'mean they're waking up? cool but i wouldn't wanna know how many think this, if it was taken when something like the runaway bride or missing Aruba girl or whatever was happening. <_>

77 per cent of Americans think the administration is hiding or lying about Plamegate, and 6 out of 10 Americans think Bush is leading the country in the wrong direction....but 2 out 0f 50 states have rigged Diebold machines which keep the status quo intact. Until the media musters up the courage to expose this situation and the people directly involved, nothing will change.

. Until the media musters up the courage to expose this situation and the people directly involved, nothing will change.

I think things ARE begining to change, thought admittedly, the press could be more proactive. The Diebold scandal is a headline waiting ot happen...

C.I.A. Leak Case Recalls Texas Incident in '92 Race

WASHINGTON, Aug. 5 - These hot months here will be remembered as the summer of the leak, a time when the political class obsessed on a central question: did Karl Rove, President Bush's powerful adviser, commit a crime when he spoke about a C.I.A. officer with the columnist Robert D. Novak?

Whatever a federal grand jury investigating the case decides, a small political subgroup is experiencing the odd sensation that this leak has sprung before. In 1992 in an incident well known in Texas, Mr. Rove was fired from the state campaign to re-elect the first President Bush on suspicions that Mr. Rove had leaked damaging information to Mr. Novak about Robert Mosbacher Jr., the campaign manager and the son of a former commerce secretary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/06/politics...serland&emc=rss

I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, the chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, has told federal investigators that he met with New York Times reporter Judith Miller on July 8, 2003, and discussed CIA operative Valerie Plame, according to legal sources familiar with Libby's account.

http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?sectio...articleId=10077

The fate of Patrick Fitzgerald

A couple of weeks ago, the blogs were rumbling with fears that George W. Bush might try to put an end to the Valerie Plame investigation by replacing special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald as Chicago's U.S. Attorney when his term ends this fall. We didn't pass along the rumblings because they seemed a little overblown -- both because Bush would surely see the obvious political peril in dumping Fitzgerald, and because there just didn't seem to be much to back up the concern in the first place.

Maybe we were wrong. We still aren't seeing that signs Fitzgerald will be let go anytime soon, but a report in today's Los Angeles Times suggests that the president may not be above canning a prosecutor who starts sniffing around too close to home. Walter F. Roche, Jr., writes in the Times that a grand jury in Guam opened an investigation into the actions of lobbyist Jack Abramoff more than two years ago but that the investigation ended abruptly after Bush removed the acting U.S. Attorney who had been supervising it.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html

the Onion: White House Denies the Existence of Karl Rove :lol:

Novak’s Sect Appeal

Does Bob Novak owe his uncanny capacity for secrecy to the right-wing Catholic sect Opus Dei? While his Network-like turn on CNN last Thursday seemed to suggest a man on the verge of a nervous breakdown, the columnist has so far managed to ignore persistent demands that he reveal his involvement in theValerie Plame leak—a feat of rare internal fortitude that some say is a hallmark of the shadowy Christian group.

Members of the 76-year-old sect are known for self-flagellation and wearing spiked metal garters underneath their clothes as forms of penance...

http://www.radarmagazine.com/fresh-intelligence/

Side Issue in the Plame Case: Who Sent Her Spouse to Africa?

The origin of Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV's trip to Niger in 2002 to check out intelligence reports that Saddam Hussein was attempting to purchase uranium has become a contentious side issue to the inquiry by special counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald, who is looking into whether a crime was committed with the exposure of Valerie Plame, Wilson's wife, as a covert CIA employee.

After he went public in 2003 about the trip, senior Bush administration officials, trying to discredit Wilson's findings, told reporters that Wilson's wife, who worked at the CIA, was the one who suggested the Niger mission for her husband. Days later, Plame was named as an "agency operative" by syndicated columnist Robert D. Novak, who has said he did not realize he was, in effect, exposing a covert officer. A Senate committee report would later say evidence indicated Plame suggested Wilson for the trip.

Over the past months, however, the CIA has maintained that Wilson was chosen for the trip by senior officials in the Directorate of Operations counterproliferation division (CPD) -- not by his wife -- largely because he had handled a similar agency inquiry in Niger in 1999. On that trip, Plame, who worked in that division, had suggested him because he was planning to go there, according to Wilson and the Senate committee report.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5081001918.html

Another screw falls into place :lol:

Vanity Fair' Rips Media 'Conspiracy' in Covering Up Role in Plame Scandal

NEW YORK In an article in the September issue of Vanity Fair (not yet online), Michael Wolff, in probing the Plame/CIA leak scandal, rips those in the news media -- principally Time magazine and The New York Times -- who knew that Karl Rove was one of the leakers but refused to expose what would have been “one of the biggest stories of the Bush years.” Not only that, “they helped cover it up.” You might say, he adds, they “became part of a conspiracy.”

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/ne...t_id=1001013806

so michael wolff got a VF piece outta this, big whoop. what i wanna know is what happened to all those stories not published in the time before the election cause they were gonna influence the election? and nobody said diddly. :wacko:

in other news, i can't say how pleased (weak word) i am to be over here, the latest reminder was seeing Cindy Sheehan live at Crawford...pet man turned to me and said 'count your blessings once more we're not back there--you'd be broiling your ass off in TX if you weren't in prison already.'

"When People Are Not Truthful … [Plamegate Prosecutor Fitzgerald] Believes Those People Should Be Punished"...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...=la-home-nation

big whoop--so do i. don't get your hopes up for this crew, people.

• 2 weeks later...

A CIA Cover Blown, A White House Exposed: The LATimes takes a deep look at the Plame Affair, and Karl Rove appears to be in the center of it:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...-home-headlines

"Where else did they get this 48-page document that came jam-packed with information that probably came first from the [iraqi National Congress], Chalabi and other lousy sources?" Wilkerson asked.

To sort out the conflicting intelligence, Wilkerson convened a three-day meeting at CIA headquarters. Its rotating cast included the administration's major foreign policy players: Libby, Hadley, Powell, Deputy Secretary of State Richard L. Armitage, Tenet, Deputy CIA Director John E. McLaughlin and Rice.

Wilkerson was told that Libby had said the 48-page document was designed to offer Powell "a Chinese menu" of intelligence highlights to draw from for his speech. Powell and his team were skeptical of most of it. Rice, Tenet and Hadley were trying to reinsert bits of intelligence they personally favored but that could not be corroborated. Hadley offered an unsubstantiated report of alleged meetings between Sept. 11 hijacker Mohamed Atta and an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague shortly before the attacks.

"The whole time, people were trying to reinsert their favorite … pet rocks back into the presentation, when their pet rocks weren't backed up by anything but hearsay, or Chalabi or the INC or both," Wilkerson said. :lol::lol::lol: