Fan says he was beaten by rapper....

A hip-hop fan says he was beaten by rapper Snoop Dogg and other artists during a concert near Seattle over the weekend.

Richard Monroe, 24, said he was invited onstage during a concert by Snoop Dogg, The Game and Oowee on Saturday at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, a Seattle suburb.

"They just beat me, stomping me, and beat me with a microphone," a battered Monroe told local television today, wincing as he spoke.

The incident, which was captured on a home video, reportedly took place during a performance of Snoop Dogg's song Gin and Juice.

In video footage aired on local TV, Monroe appeared behind Snoop and placed his hand on the rapper's shoulder before being knocked down and beaten by bodyguards and other unidentified people onstage. Snoop Dogg is seen in the video, but it is unclear if he is beating Monroe.

"They took my diamond earrings off my ear, my jewellery off my fingers, they took my wallet and my cell phone," Monroe said.

Local police said they were looking into the matter.

In a statement released today, Snoop Dogg publicist Meredith O'Sullivan said: "Any person who jumps onstage at a concert has to be interpreted as a security threat and an immediate risk to both the performers onstage as well as the fans in the audience. Once a breach of security has been made, authorities are forced to take the proper measures to ensure safety."

source:AAP

post-92-1117658231.jpg

authorities are forced to take the proper measures to ensure safety.

And of course, these "authority" figures need to steal his cell phone, his jewelry and they also need to stomp on his head because after all, the best way to subdue an already subdued person is to beat them while they are on the ground for no reason.

Yep, that would make sense using the Rodney King logic.

and other unidentified people onstage.

More "authority" figures?

I doubt it.

Looks like a free-for-all.

Edited by Ken

Just because someone gets on stage and touches the performer, doesn't mean you can beat the crap out of him. Now if that person threatens a performer, then SOME force is necessary. But beating them up just for being near.... <_>

Someone got the crap beat out of him at a Metallica show a few years back at the Pavilion, just for getting on stage. He barely had time to get to his feet before the bodyguard had him and James (leadsinger) even kicked him in the head.

Thank god we have authorities that care SO MUCH about the well being of hip hop artists. WAIT A MINUTE - WHO SHOT 'PAC AND BIGGIE? This was just some power trippers Rodney Kinging some dude, if he had a gun like in the Dimebag incident, Snoop would be dead. They probably wouldn't solve that case either.