Re; Elliott Smith

MikeHunt

As you all probably know..singer/songwriter Elliot Smith passed away this last October ...from his own hand... they say.

He was in the middle of making an album when this tragedy occured.

Now the unreleased material is being put together by some friends of mine as a project titled " From a Basement on a Hill" (Elliott lived in Silverlake)

Until its 'official' release..you can download/listen to some of the songs recorded live in concert from my friends site: http://lido.binaryops.com/

The Henry Fonda Theater performance 01/31/03 ...is quite good and is especially haunting.

Between songs , he tells the audience how his heart has been recently broken ...but that he is OK now.

Obviously he wasn't.

The performance that night ranks up there with Nirvana Unplugged...and John Lennon solo stuff... Naked, Raw and Real

The downloads are Free...but please respect my friends site rules and don't sell this stuff on E-Bay.

Enjoy

I heard about this...this is a fantastic collection and should not be missed. Yep, Elliot Smith was a real talented guy. Please do yourself a favor and check it out

btw...I forgot to add some additional bio on Elliott...he was nominated for a Grammy for his work on the Goodwill Hunting Soundtrack.

Miss Misery is probably his best known / most accessable tune from that movie.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now