Elton John Says Eminem Is a 'Hendrix'

eltonjohn.jpgNEW YORK - Elton John says that Eminem is on par with Jimi Hendrix and Mick Jagger. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, the rapper is listed in the magazine's second "Immortals" edition, featuring another 50 of the greatest figures of rock `n' roll with appreciations written by other artists. In his immortalizing of Eminem, John writes that he got goose bumps when he first rehearsed with him for their performance at the 2001 Grammy Awards.

"From the start, I've always admired Eminem's thinking," John writes. "That's the reason I wanted to appear on the Grammys with him when I was asked, despite all the nonsense talked about his being homophobic.

"Let the Boy Georges and the George Michaels of the world get up in a twist about it if they don't have the intelligence to see his intelligence."

Read entire story here.

.....i think that elton`s wearing too much jewellery..he needs to take some of those rings off his chubby pinkies..it looks like the heavy metals are getting to him....

........with all due respect to elton john`s undoubted musical ability, and credibilty in the music business (which to my mind takes a real hit when he makes statements like this)....what a load of rubbish.....eminem may have been an innovator of sorts but he`s certainly no hendrix....not in any way!!....he (eminem) saw a trend...rap...and he had a hook..he was white..and he was streetsmart..he never was and never will be any sort of musical wizard or genius!!...he`s a white boy that understands street culture and commercial reality.....why doesn`t elton just give eminem a kiss in public and then invite him round to his pad for the night after the show if he really wants to know if he`s homophobic?....then he can find out if he`s like mick jagger as well.....i`m rapidly losing respect for rolling stone magazine too....sounds like a whole lot of rock musicians with too much time on their hands have been gotten together by Rolling Stone to kiss each others ass (in a manner of speaking) and no doubt get paid for it....... <_>post-92-1112938925.jpg

where to begin? hendrix and eminem? :lol: as fucking /if/.

he (eminem) saw a trend...rap...

he (elton john) saw a trend...rap...and latched his ass onto it in the only way he could. IMO, both RS and EJ are so not relevant anymore.

note to koop: dammit, that's the second time this week i previewed and you snuck-posted the same shit first. ;)

Twisted minds wallow in the same gutters....

:)

..why doesn`t elton just give eminem a kiss in public and then invite him round to his pad for the night after the show if he really wants to know if he`s homophobic?....

My guess is he already has :kissy face:

:lol:

a Hendrix, man Elton needs to finally put the pipe down...I mean a Hendrix, you cant even put them in the same category. Sure Eminem is a great artist and has some intense beats and lyrics, but there is no way he could even write the foundation of a easy hendrix song. Coming up with lyrics and putting some beats to it doesnt really make him any more than a good dj with an art of writing poetry.

I finally went back to work....same old job. They laid me off for 2 yrs but they recalled 17 people out of the 1000 they laid off. I was one of the unlucky 17. :lol:

I missed you guys.......

but I got some new glasses and I won't miss next time. :bigsmile:

missed you too....sorry to hear you got the gig red......my condolences.......i know what it`s like....i`ve been working my ass off......unpaid help for wifeys business....bad enough she`s my missus..now she`s my boss!!......all that and beatking too...what more could you want???? ...don`t tell me..a glock.. :bigsmile:

hi Redneck, i'm very pleased you're back. don't forget to take 'em for all y'can. :)

Everyday as we clocked in my friends and I used to say to each other, "okay.....it's time to rob these people". I had completely forgotten the ritual until the first time I clocked in and one of the other guys said it. Some things never change.

Whenever the equipment breaks the other we would say when we called equipment repair was, "The (whatever) machine has died but it really doesn't matter because we will still get a check." :lol::lol:

Union jobs......gotta love it. That's why this country is going to Hell and the jobs are going overseas. :blink:

'these people:' do you mean the boeing shareholders and other a$$orted connected fuck$ or the rest of the country? :lol:

and remember......."fly Airbus". :lol:

:lol: i am in a few hours (germanwings and i don't wanna go).

:lol: i remember that, they made a poster out of it.

i`m rapidly losing respect for rolling stone magazine too

Rolling stone lost my respect with this horrible review.........

"If you air it, they will spin off. Featuring Jess Margera, brother of pro skater and Jackass regular Bam, CKY first made a name as the band behind some colossally stupid stunt videos that got airtime on the MTV show. Though the group studiously avoids riding Johnny Knoxville's coattails on its third album, its music still has the same skate-punk residue -- rapid-fire guitar lines; punchy, gritty drums; lyrics about suburban alienation ("I'm on the loose with my neck in the noose/But, hey, I enjoy the intense"). The result is a kind of melodic doom metal -- more ambitious than, say, Staind but still a little ham-handed. When they forgo the snarl, as on "Close Yet Far," CKY show that even desperation can be something of a prank." (2 Stars)

JON CARAMANICA

(RS 908 - October 31, 2002)