Favourite Music Video?

Shawn

I think it's safe to say that artists today feel that having your videos in rotation is an absolute requirement to getting into the people's houses. For some it has turned out well, for others it has encouraged them to think we want to see them crapping.

Throwing all of the hubbub aside, does anyone have a music video that they would say should be among the top 10 ever made?

I was driven to this by the video for 99 problems by Jay-Z. I think it's pretty cool.

post-59-1112769046.jpg

I don't even remember the one for Billie Jean. Thiller on the other hand saw a/v guys coming into the local schools to show about an hour long "how it was made" video.

When I think about it, that's pretty f'ing strange in a town of 200 people.

I think Jon Landis directed one or both of those...big production values and budget.

He directed Thriller, but I dont think he did Billie Jean - here's the clip by the way:

http://www.clipland.com/Summary/924174755/

Off the top of my head, Billie Jean would be on my list, along with Hot For Teacher (Van Halen)... and anything The Beatles did (their movies were music videos!)

And here is MTV's Top 100 Videos of all-time:

http://www.rockonthenet.com/archive/1999/mtv100.htm

i haven't seen a music vid in ages (can't remember the last time) :lol: apart from in this restaurant and they played the Shawn Ryder one w/Black Grape (late 1980s). :wub:

i haven't seen a music vid in ages (can't remember the last time) :lol: apart from in this restaurant and they played the Shawn Ryder one w/Black Grape (late 1980s). :wub:

Who? What? When? Where? Why? :lol:

who's shawn ryder or why am i so out of touch w/popular culture? :lol:

(i loved his music especially w/Black Grape and then i found out he fucked off to jamaica, totally renegging on his music contract and his agent had to fly out there and give him 50,000$ before he would return to the studio...that's when i knew i was really in love) :)

a mate of mine dropped me off a few vids today..i`ll watch them over the weekend.....

they are....queen live at wembley stadium (2DVD set)

the black sabbath story Vol 2 ..DVD

roger waters ......in the flesh live (which i`m assured is very good).. :)

roger waters ......in the flesh live (which i`m assured is very good).. :)

Trust me, this is a Great Video!!!!! I should know, I have seen it a zillion times!!!! :)

watched 2 so far.......

black sabbath 2..not too bad.....some very frank admissions from drummer bill ward.... a good history of the band from `78 to `95.....some good songs.."neon knights ", " zero the hero ", " die young "...good stuff..

6.5 out of 10 thwoop-ometer rating....:)

roger waters live..excellent..very cool....great musicianship...the guitar playing of doyle bramhall and veteran rock guitarist snowy white is very good..much better than david gilmour...i see andy fairweather -low from british r and b pioneers amen corner (bend me shape me) doing vocals as well...an excellent bunch of musicians..much more enjoyable than watching your standard pink floyd concert video....easy to see who the main talent was driving pink floyd once mad syd barrett left them.....

...a thwoop rating of 9 out of 10 on the thwoop-ometer... :good job:

post-59-1112830111.jpg

:lol:

roger waters live..excellent..very cool....great musicianship...the guitar playing of doyle bramhall  and veteran rock guitarist snowy white is very good..much better than david gilmour...i see andy fairweather -low from british r and b pioneers amen corner (bend me shape me) doing vocals as well...an excellent bunch of musicians..much more enjoyable than watching your standard pink floyd concert video....easy to see who the main talent was driving pink floyd once mad syd barrett left them.....

I totally agree!! :good job: That was an awesome show live and in person too!! Saw them here in June of 2000.

finally got to watch queen..live at wembley.............very good.....very enjoyable.....brilliant production values as one would expect.....freddie mercury was a front-man supreme......even with post concert studio mixing, his voice comes across as very, very strong..his vocal range was certainly amazing...... when you consider that many rock vocalists actually are very disappointing when they perform live.....john deacon and roger dean are both first class and exciting instrumentalists and give a rock solid performance..never missing a beat......the stand out for me was brian may`s extended guitar workout with " now i`m here "..one of my favourite queen tracks (i tend to favour their early stuff).....i must confess that i really didn`t rate him (brian may)...mainly because i had only ever seen him doing chord changes and riffs on some early queen concert footage ......i also saw them at sunbury festival in aussie in 1974 but couldn`t really judge his (may`s )performance on that very messy night many years ago....but his lead soloing on live at wembley certainly shows off a great technical virtuosity that i wasn`t really aware of......he is a class act...bloody marvellous concert..excellent all round performance.......

thwoop rating : a dead heat with roger waters at 9.0 on the slum goddess thwoop-ometer.....

post-59-1113133065.jpg

roger waters live..excellent..very cool....great musicianship...the guitar playing of doyle bramhall  and veteran rock guitarist snowy white is very good..much better than david gilmour...i see andy fairweather -low from british r and b pioneers amen corner (bend me shape me) doing vocals as well...an excellent bunch of musicians..much more enjoyable than watching your standard pink floyd concert video....easy to see who the main talent was driving pink floyd once mad syd barrett left them.....

I totally agree!! :good job: That was an awesome show live and in person too!! Saw them here in June of 2000.

look at Perfect Sense from the In The Flesh DVD

great great :strumma: :strumma: :strumma:

thwoop rating : a dead heat with roger waters at 9.0 on the slum goddess thwoop-ometer.....

my kiwian friend, i think you have the thwoop thingies all wrong :lol: does this mean he was so goddamn good that he got you high w/o? enquiring minds wanna know...please say it's true and i'll toss my weed and smoke the vid forEVuh. :lol: