Joe Jackson and Todd Rundgren...European tour

Two legends. One stage. Only one tour. . This is a very rare chance to catch both Joe Jackson and Todd Rundgren on stage both performing solo material and solo sets, and also collaborating onstage together on their very first joint European Tour. The tour kicks off at Portsmouth Guild Hall on Monday 30th May, and will take in Bristol Colston Hall (May 31), London Hammersmith Apollo (June 5th), plus five major other UK concerts, as well as concerts in Holland, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain.

You'll hear classic hits from Joe such as Sunday Papers, Different for Girls, Is She Really Going Out With Him, and Todd's Hello It's Me, Can We Still Be Friends, and Bang The Drum backed by 'Ethel' the string quartet. The first set will consist of a 20 minute solo acoustic performance by Ethel, followed by 45-60 minute solo acoustic set performed by Joe Jackson, followed by a 45-60 minute set by Todd Rundgren. Finally, Todd and Joe will perform together with the string quartet backing them up for an extended encore.

Source:http://www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk/

post-40-1112596416.jpg

I'd check this out.  Hey, Kiwi, do you remember Nazz?  :)

i remember todd rundgren and a poppy/psychedelic band called nazz.....i quite liked him in his early days......todd rundgrens utopia was good too i thought.....i also liked the `73 album of his......" a wizard a true star ".... :)

http://www.aaeg.com/Nazzbio.html

post-40-1112598275.jpg

i remember todd rundgren and a poppy/psychedelic band called nazz.....i quite liked him in his early days......todd rundgrens utopia was good too i thought.....i also liked the `73 album of his......" a wizard a true star ".... :)

Nazz: 'Nazz' had a see-thru red album...I had that at one time...

just found and listening to two nazz tracks dude.." open my eyes "...choice rock/pop song..very similar to the Whos` I Can`t Explain..nice psychedelic phasing..good little lead break...very cool..the other track " hello it`s me " is a bit slower and more restrained..very laid back..sounds a bit like the Association of " along comes mary " fame...beach boys harmonies as well... :bigsmile:

just found and listening to two nazz tracks dude.." open my eyes "...choice rock/pop song..very similar to the Whos` I Can`t Explain..nice psychedelic phasing..good little lead break...very cool..the other track " hello it`s me " is a bit slower and more restrained..very laid back..sounds a bit like the Association of " along comes mary " fame...beach boys harmonies as well... :bigsmile:

Yep. Both off of that first red album - its a good album by the way. I think they were a local band (for me) - Philly kids...

i got a third one called " under the ice "..about 5 min long...very progressive but still that 60`s feel...an excellent lead break (about 2 or 3min long)at the end....a bit of the rundgren poppy guitar feel and a lot of psychedelia..good stuff mate..... :) :)

"Under The Ice" is Nazz Nazz's second hard rock tune. Another that should have been a hit with a guitar hook that sounds as familiar as your mom calling your name, "Under the Ice" is pure rock and roll. Harmony vocals add to the tense mix, and Thom's drumming seems to want to topple the whole song over. If he ever sound like Moon the Loon, it's right here in this tune. After that, is the British pop of "Hang on Paul" (written about Paul Fishkin, the manager of Woody's Truck Stop, which had been Todd and Carson's first band). The band put a strange warble throughout the tune on purpose, making it sound as if it was warped. It truly was in spirit, if nothing else.

Hey, Kiwi, do you remember Nazz? :)

not being kiwi, all i can say is i lived down the road from TR in bearsville a million years ago. :)

howdy sg....how`s it going...just cruising at home with the youngest daughter while mums at a meeting at the moment..she just thrashed me in scrabble .....it seems more like 2 million years ago that i was listening to that stuff..have you got that new furry lifeform yet?? :)

hey dude, it's 10,05 here, pissing down rain, just beautiful, really (perfect weather to blast the animals' 'house of the rising sun' IMO). unfortunately for us, the new kitty is too young to leave its mother...i wish s/he was already, i'd be a lot less depressed/angry. yesterday i put Peter's ashes in a lacquered box that chris's dad once brought home from china ages ago. *sigh*

right now i'm doing the laundry (and been thwooping away ever since i read something that verily angered me just before which i'm about to post on another thread, if i remember).

aren't you glad you asked? :lol:

wait--your younger daughter beat your ass at scrabble? :lol:

wait--your younger daughter beat your ass at scrabble? :lol:

yep..she`s gone off to play on her xbox now.....much more challenging than dumb old dad........i`m thwooping too.... :lol:

hee hee. :)

i remember todd rundgren and a poppy/psychedelic band called nazz.....i quite liked him in his early days......todd rundgrens utopia was good too i thought.....i also liked  the `73 album of his......" a wizard a true star ".... :)

Nazz: 'Nazz' had a see-thru red album...I had that at one time...

I had it too....sold it to a collector through Goldmine magazine years later. This was the album:

nazz.bmp

This was the album that really established Todd Rundgren as a wizard, a true star:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:lwadqj6boj6a

i`ll check it out..i`ll go look for it..i`m on a roll tonite :) ...i won`t be listening to any alanis morrissette though! :lol:

i`ll check it out..i`ll go look for it..i`m on a roll tonite :) ...i won`t be listening to any alanis morrissette though! :lol:

Let me know if you don't have any luck finding it...I can put my hands on it after a little box-shuffling.

Let me know if you don't have any luck finding it...I can put my hands on it after a little box-shuffling.

found the double album..... :) going to be damn slow taking delivery though...like never by the look of it.. :(