'Beverly Hillbillies' Creator Dies at 93

thebeverlyhillbillies.jpg Paul Henning, who created the hit TV show "The Beverly Hillbillies" and wrote its theme song, died Friday at the age of 93.

Henning, who lived in Toluca Lake, died in a Burbank hospital of natural causes. He had been sick for some time, his daughter Carol said.

Henning created "The Beverly Hillbillies," which debuted in 1962, based on his encounters with residents of the Ozarks during camping trips as a youth, his daughter said.

Read entire story here.

My favorite is when Granny takes her gun to go hunt the invading surfers at the beach :lol:

Here's a little treat: Buddy Ebsen sings to Jethro :)

http://www.pcperspectives.com/hillbillies/someday.mp3

And another - a decent instrumental rendition of Flat & Scruggs theme song:

http://www.discoverynet.com/~ajsnead/allsongs_1/bevrlyh.html

post-23-1111828303.jpg

Paul Henning was a genius! After cutting his chops as a writer on the sophisticated Burns and Allen show, he went on to create The Beverly Hillbillies, but he also created Green Acres, one of my favorite all time TV shows. If you havent seen the latter, check it out --

Green Acres (1965-71, CBS), (was) a flat-out assault on Cartesian logic, Newtonian physics, and Harvard-centrist positivism. Lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas (Eddie Albert) and his socialite wife Lisa (Eva Gabor) come to Hooterville in search of the greening of America and a lofty Jeffersonian idealism. What they discover instead is a virtual parallel universe of unfettered surrealism, rife with gifted pigs, square chicken eggs, and abiogenetic hotcakes--a universe which Lisa intuits immediately, and by which Oliver is constantly bewildered.

reen Acres (1965-71, CBS), (was) a flat-out assault on Cartesian logic, Newtonian physics, and Harvard-centrist positivism. Lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas (Eddie Albert) and his socialite wife Lisa (Eva Gabor) come to Hooterville in search of the greening of America and a lofty Jeffersonian idealism. What they discover instead is a virtual parallel universe of unfettered surrealism, rife with gifted pigs, square chicken eggs, and abiogenetic hotcakes--a universe which Lisa intuits immediately, and by which Oliver is constantly bewildered.

Geez, where did all that bullshit come from? I don't see the need to intellectualize it like that. It was a damn funny show though. The Hillbillies were great too!! They just don't make comedies like that anymore.

Geez, where did all that bullshit come from? I don't see the need to intellectualize it like that. It was a damn funny show though.

I wrote it :o

J/K - nabbed it from some website. :lol: The critique is as absurd as the show - but not as hilarious

Nobody has mentioned "Petticoat Junction" yet. It all started there.

Petticoast Junction was a spin off of Green Acres, which came after the Beverly Hillbillies. Those girls were hot.. :)

Two years after the premiere of Petticoat Junction, CBS

added Green Acres to its lineup. This situation

comedy was the story of a Manhattan lawyer who gave up

big-city life and bought a run-down farm near Hooterville.

For the remainder of their existences there was interplay

between the characters of the two shows.

Petticoat Junction

pj4.jpg

added Green Acres to its lineup.

I stand corrected :lol:

It's sad, Dude. You are wrong about politics and now this. You don't even know shit about tv. :wha':

added Green Acres to its lineup.

I stand corrected :lol:

It's sad, Dude. You are wrong about politics and now this. You don't even know shit about tv. :wha':

:lol:

You were supposed to come out swinging. You even screwed that up. :lol:

I only work in the crummy industry - still dont know shit about it :lol:

Ever try sitting in the living room watching tv with your family, and trying not to let your mother see that you have an erection?

um...no. :)

*patty/selma's growly voice: 'that's boys' stuff' :lol: