The Killing of Terry Schiavo

Kooperman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no ken..i don`t believe that is the truth of the matter at all.....the ones that are looking past the humanity and blindly focussing on the politics are the president of the united states, the republican controlled senate and ideologically blinkered right to lifers......where is the humanity in the heavy-handed unfeeling and ideologically arrogant way that the judge`s decision was/is being overruled...not just once either..actions that have resulted in the virtual torture of ms schiavio via the grotesque musical chairs parody with the feeding tube........those people don`t give a flying fuck about poor terri schiavo..their only concern is their political survival and payback to the fundamentalists that put them in the white house....

You've missed my point entirely.............no, wait, you've PROVEN my point entirely.

You're still focusing on the politics.

All you're doing is stating the names of other individuals who are focusing on the SAME thing as you, only from an opposite angle.

You're both the same.

I don't care about Judges

I don't care about Republicans or agendas

I'm talking about character and what "ought to be". I'm talking about what kind of person M. Schiavo is and why he shouldn't be making decisions.

I'm talking about character and what "ought to be". I'm talking about what kind of person M. Schiavo is and why he shouldn't be making decisions.

I dont know the guy's background - but wasn't it his legal right to make the decision as her spouse? I guess your point is that from a moral (not a legal) standpoint, he shouldnt be?

Damn me or don't but I think when he moved in with "the other woman" and fathered kids with her he gave up all rights............all power from there on should have been returned to her parents.

The parents encouraged him to date other women and move on while he was young enough to start a family. They knew Terri was never going to get better.

You've missed my point entirely.............no, wait, you've PROVEN my point entirely.

You're still focusing on the politics.

All you're doing is stating the names of other individuals who are focusing on the SAME thing as you, only from an opposite angle.

You're both the same.

I don't care about Judges

I don't care about Republicans or agendas

cheers ken..no surprises there..have a good one... :bigsmile:

A Collision of Disparate Forces May Be Reshaping U.S. Law

By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG 

Terri Schiavo's legacy may be that she brought the issue of death and dying to the battle over "the culture of life."

Read about it here:

http://nytimes.com/2005/04/01/politics/01l...artner=homepage

If Tom Delay and George Bush think this is what lifes all about, count me out--there is more to life than winning people over to their demented pov's.

"I am concerned about the erosion of a very hard-won multiple-decade process of agreeing that these decisions belong inside families" .....

....and so he should be because the main cause of that erosion is none other than our old friend...ideology...

Mel Gibson cries murder

ACTOR and filmmaker Mel Gibson has spoken out on the Terri Schiavo controversy, calling her impending death "nothing more than state-sanctioned murder".

Speaking to Fox News Gibson insisted that Ms Schiavo, who is expected to die within days, was not in a vegetative state and should be kept alive.

"I heard their cry for help," the Catholic maker of the film The Passion of the Christ said of Ms Schiavo's parents.

"I just sit here watching this whole scenario play out in front of me with my mouth wide open, that our country has come to this.

"It is a really black day. It's nothing more than state-sanctioned murder," Gibson said...

post-91-1112343799.jpg

I'm talking about character and what "ought to be".

and they say i'm deluded w/my drugs and all. :lol:

"I am concerned about the erosion of a very hard-won multiple-decade process of agreeing that these decisions belong inside families" .....

....and so he should be because the main cause of that erosion is none other than our old friend...ideology...

very well stated, kiwi. :)

Mel Gibson cries murder

isn't there a law against inciting shit? ps, i hate him.

DeLay ponders impeachment against Schiavo judges

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Jennifer Loven

April 1, 2005  |  WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay on Thursday blamed Terri Schiavo's death on what he contended was a failed legal system and he raised the possibility of trying to impeach some of the federal judges in the case.

"The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior," said DeLay, R-Texas.

But a leading Democratic senator said DeLay's comments were "irresponsible and reprehensible." Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., said DeLay should make sure that people know he is not advocating violence against judges.

DeLay, the second-ranking House GOP lawmaker, helped lead congressional efforts 10 days ago to enact legislation designed to prod the federal courts into ordering the reinsertion of Schiavo's feeding tube. He said the courts' refusal to do just that was a "perfect example of an out of control judiciary."

Asked about the possibility of the House's bringing impeachment charges against judges in the Schiavo case, DeLay said, "There's plenty of time to look into that."

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2005/04/01/delay/index.html

he raised the possibility of trying to impeach some of the federal judges in the case.

once more, the hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Hundreds mourn Shiavo

Apr 6, 2005

Terri Schiavo, the brain-damaged Florida woman whose fate sparked a bitter and highly politicised family feud, was sent by God to deliver a message about life's meaning, a priest said at a funeral Mass organised by her parents on Tuesday.

more..........

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_world_story_sk...0%3fformat=html

• 2 weeks later...

i thought we had a thread about getting living wills but couldn't find it. anyway:

preparing a living will: '...It's important to have a lawyer present when you draft a living will, as it makes the desire to be dead that much more tangible...

'...If, in the event of a catastrophic brain injury, you wish to be taken off life support and kept out of the guardianship of your overprotective Catholic parents, underline those directives over and over with a thick red pen and then highlight them in bright yellow.

'Leave at least one reasonably flattering photo for the press. This point cannot be emphasized enough...' :lol: from the onion

• 2 months later...

Schiavo Autopsy Shows Massive Brain Damage

LARGO, Fla. - An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband's contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday. It also found no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused.

But what caused her collapse 15 years ago remained a mystery. The autopsy and post-mortem investigation found no proof that she had an eating disorder, as was suspected at the time, Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner Jon Thogmartin said.

Autopsy results on the 41-year-old brain-damaged woman were made public Wednesday, more than two months after her death March 31 ended a right-to-die battle between her husband and parents that engulfed the courts, Congress and the White House and divided the country.

Read entire story here.

so bill frist and all the christian rightwing fucknuts were wrong...who knew? :lol:

ps, remember that the preznit ran back to DC to sign some wotever for a braindead chick and he won't even ack dead troops at their funerals--whatta guy!

so bill frist and all the christian rightwing fucknuts were wrong...who knew? :lol:

ps, remember that the preznit ran back to DC to sign some wotever for a braindead chick and he won't even ack dead troops at their funerals--whatta guy!

doesn't further their putrid agenda, slum...

One would think that the idea of keeping a (Christian) person alive artificially when they would otherwise be dead, keeping their soul trapped in an unresponsive body after the time when they would have otherwise gone to Heaven and be hanging out in salvation with Jesus, would be what good Christians would find abhorrent.

Whatever. <_>

One would think that the idea of keeping a (Christian) person alive artificially when they would otherwise be dead, keeping their soul trapped in an unresponsive body after the time when they would have otherwise gone to Heaven and be hanging out in salvation with Jesus, would be what good Christians would find abhorrent.

My thouhts too.

Heaven must really be a great place....think of a wonderous paradise with no politicians or gangsta rap music... :)