Louis the 14th - Illegal Tender (2004)

DudeAsInCool

Glam Bam Thank You Ma'am, March 17, 2005

Reviewer: Sarrah Arntz "illegal_tenderxiv" (Norfolk, Va United States)

Louis XIV is single-handedly going to bring back the pompous sexy glorious sounds of 70s glam rock. This EP is a shining star among the otherwise dull sky of modern rock. Complete with glitter eye makeup and lyrics that make a girl's (and possibly guy's) thighs tense, this dirty little album is the best thing since Ziggy Stardust. The track Illegal Tender is by far and away the best but that is a hard call to make. Front man Jason Hill has a speciality for cheeky yet sultry lyrics and a great mix of glam and almost AC/DC like riffs. This is an absolute must have!

Check out some samples here - this is an unknown band from San Diego and these guys are hot:

Listen here and HERE

post-119-1111084319.jpg

"Samples here" link just leads to the picture. Better link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...485639?v=glance

Customers who bought this title also bought:

* Hot Fuss ~ Killers (Rate it)

* Antics ~ Interpol (Rate it)

* Franz Ferdinand ~ Franz Ferdinand (Rate it)

* Absolution ~ Muse (Rate it)

* Best Little Secrets Are Kept ~ Louis Xiv (Rate it)

* Futureheads ~ Futureheads (Rate it)

* Final Straw ~ Snow Patrol (Rate it)

* Push the Button ~ Chemical Brothers

Well I know we have fans of these bands here!

I'm just getting some longer clips to try.

Customers who bought this title also bought:

* Hot Fuss ~ Killers (Rate it)

* Antics ~ Interpol (Rate it)

* Franz Ferdinand ~ Franz Ferdinand (Rate it)

* Absolution ~ Muse (Rate it)

* Best Little Secrets Are Kept ~ Louis Xiv (Rate it)

* Futureheads ~ Futureheads (Rate it)

* Final Straw ~ Snow Patrol (Rate it)

* Push the Button ~ Chemical Brothers

Well I know we have fans of these bands here!

I'm just getting some longer clips to try.

Nice post. Let me know what you think of the longer clips - the stuff I heard was pretty rockin'

Here's some more info on the band:

Louis XIV Reigns with 'Secrets'

Fri Mar 18, 9:37 PM ET

Entertainment - Reuters

By Margo Whitmire

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - With a frontman who tends to write in the nude, it is not surprising that Louis XIV's Atlantic debut is a bit naughty.

A handful of the languidly playful lyrics on "The Best Little Secrets Are Kept" -- out March 22 -- were inspired on a night that was "so hot that I had to just strip down," vocalist/guitarist Jason Hill says. "A lot of it was sort of off the cuff, improvised, and those are the songs that I dig because they don't happen all the time."

One part mischievous schoolboy and one part retro sophisticate, San Diego-based Louis XIV is emerging from a quiet Internet enterprise that sold thousands of copies of its 2003 self-titled debut and follow-up EPs "Pink" and "Blue" on its imprint, Pineapple Recording Group.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/n...sic_louisxiv_dc