Microsoft buying anti-virus software maker

KiwiCoromandel

Microsoft buying anti-virus software maker

09.02.05 1.00pm

NEW YORK - Microsoft on Tuesday said it would buy anti-virus software maker Sybari Software Inc. in a direct challenge to Symantec and McAfee Inc., which currently dominate that market.

If Microsoft, the world's largest software maker, bundles anti-virus features into its Windows operating system, security software makers could feel the pressure, analysts said........

Read more.......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10010181

My computer came with Norton already installed. I removed it and replaced it with McAfee. A legal, bought and paid for copy, no less!!

:yup:

unistalled norton and put mcafee? Not very clever there Joe :P

• 2 weeks later...
My computer came with Norton already installed. I removed it and ... :yup:

i recently deleted the norton antivirus 2002 / symantec that came with my puter ... i know that there is still lots of residue left from the delete ... i thought i remember reading somewhere, where someone posted about a little tool from the norton site that helps ya do a deep delete, but i can not find it (posted here?? or zp?? or hmmmmm????) ... would love to try the tool, if i can find it, to get as much of the norton surplus out of me puter's system as possible ...

did i just dream it??

: )

No more Norton

LALALA

No more Norton

LALAAL!

:lol: in 1997 when i got my old dell, i bought mcafee but never updated (yeah, i know). in 2000, i paid for the mcafee update but last year when i got a trojan (fucker was logging my keystrokes) the only thing that got it and everything else off off was avast (someone here turned me on to them...great fuckin stuff). of course now i don't really worry about things like that. :)

I used avg for years but now after they stopped releasing version 6, I use avast also. Good and light

after my norton sub expired, i used avg, and it seemed to do the job ... then, like you, decided to try avast ... do you find it slows your computer a little more than avg did?? i seem to think so, in my case ... just curious ...

I don't see a difference although if there is then it must be really small. Keep in mind that I have disabled all avast shields except the standard shield. All other are useless in my opinion.