Wal-Mart to close unionized Canada store

KiwiCoromandel

Wal-Mart to close unionised Canada store

10 February 2005

TORONTO: Wal-Mart Canada will close one of its two Quebec stores that won union certification last year after failing to reach a labour agreement, the retailer says.

The Canadian arm of US retailing giant Wal-Mart Stores said today its store in Jonquiere, Quebec, will close after becoming the first unionised Wal-Mart in North America about six months ago.

Wal-Mart Canada said it advised the union last year when the bargaining process began that the store's financial situation was precarious.......

Read more........

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3183801a12,00.html

I will still buy from Wal Mart a little. There are 3 SuperCenters within 4 miles of my house. There will be a new one built about a quarter of a mile from my house very soon.

They are a tolerated evil to me since I am not loaded with money, they dominate the market, and I hate the thought of getting bent over. The reason I mention the bent over part is because that is what is keeping from stealing a bulldozer and pushing down the three next to my house, which would lead to my arrest and hence the getting bent over part.

I am proud to say that I have not bought a single item at that shit hole in over 3 months (maybe 4 or 5...can't remember) and I feel better because of it. If those scumbags go out of business I will be able to get the same products somewhere else, no problem. I would consider voting Democrat (one time only) and selling one of my pistols (a small one) if it would make them go broke.

Ken, I know you only kill on Tuesday but if some Tuesday you go to Wal Mart headquarters and kill them all ..... just hope that I am on your jury. Before the trial is over I will have them reimbursing you for your ammo.

walmart embodies everything i think is evil/wrong in chainstores, read nickel and dimed (on not getting by in amerika) by barbara ehrenreich. bah, fuckers.

I would consider voting Democrat (one time only) and selling one of my pistols (a small one) if it would make them go broke. 

my god red...now that`s what i call commitment!!! :o:lol:

Ain't it! :bigsmile:

I have issues with Microsoft, RIAA, liberals and a few others :lol:

Wal Mart is #1 on my shit list.

I also just plain have issues. :bigsmile: