Guantanamo Bay reality show

guantanamobay.jpgA group of volunteers have been locked up in cages and sexually humiliated in a British reality television show that explores torture techniques allegedly used against terrorist suspects held by the US at Guantanamo Bay and in Iraq.

The four-part series on Channel 4 asks whether such methods can be justified as a way to combat terrorism, a spokesman for the station said.

"The information gained through torture has been justified as the centre of the war against terrorism," said the spokesman, who asked to remain anonymous.

"We want the viewers to watch techniques that we know are used at Guantanamo and really to raise questions about whether torture is justified and if it works and what does it say about our values as a Western society," he said........

Read more...........

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_world_story_sk...6%3fformat=html

holy shit...this is one reality show i'm gonna watch (for research purposes only).

asks whether such methods can be justified as a way to combat terrorism

No, they can't. It is undoubtedly torture.

However, what am I or anyone else who disagrees going to do about it (UN, ect)? I have no power; not even my vote means anything (Electoral College) and in a country of close to 300,000,000 people, it only confirms it.

I feel a sense of hopelessness day after day when it comes to this.

I am against those who prohibit TV or any media of showing anything (except sick things like pedo). I don't really care. The "off" button is right there and you can press it anytime

Agree. There are lots of channels. Find another one or turn it off.

The FCC would have a heart attack if they saw what Channel 4 called science. :lol:

the FCC would have a heart attack if they saw/heard what people do/say on TV here especially after 9PM, i love it especially since the next day nobody's running around raping and attacking. :)

*fuck off w/your supposedly superior 'morals' you hypocrites* (not directed to anyone at beatking) :lol:

I am against those who prohibit TV or any media of showing anything (except sick things like pedo). I don't really care. The "off" button is right there and you can press it anytime

duhhhhhhhhhhh. who'd a thunk it? :lol: