Doobie Brothers Drummer Knudsen Dies

keithknudsen.jpegDoobie Brothers Drummer Knudsen Dies

By KIM CURTIS, Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - Keith Knudsen, the longtime Doobie Brothers drummer who was part of the band during a string of hits that included "Taking it to the Streets" and "Black Water," died of pneumonia Tuesday. He was 56.

Knudsen had been hospitalized for more than a month, according to the band's longtime manager Bruce Cohn.

"I just saw him Sunday, just before the Super Bowl," Cohn said. "He was in good spirits. He was weak, but he was OK."

For the complete story click here:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...mu/obit_knudsen

bah...this is the only part of my information junkie thing that bums me out, reading about those in my cohort dying.

• 2 weeks later...

Doobies Honor Late Drummer With Donation

LOS ANGELES - The Doobie Brothers will donate proceeds from their Doobie Red Wine to the National Veterans Foundation for the next five years in memory of late drummer Keith Knudsen.

Knudsen, who played with the band on a string of hits including "Taking It to the Streets" and "Black Water" and who is credited with pushing the band to re-form in 1987, died of pneumonia Feb. 8. He was 56.

"The National Veterans Foundation and founder Shad Meshad were very close to Keith, the band and me," manager Bruce Cohn said in a statement Thursday.

Read entire story here.