Singer Kinky Friedman Makes Run Texas Governor

DudeAsInCool

Friday, February 4, 2005

Singer Kinky Friedman begins run for Texas governor

By RALPH BLUMENTHAL

THE NEW YORK TIMES

HOUSTON -- As threatened, Kinky Friedman, the gadfly country singer and humorist, declared for Texas governor yesterday as an independent candidate in the 2006 race, saying, "The choice should be something besides paper or plastic."

Appearing live from the Alamo in San Antonio on the Don Imus television and radio show broadcast nationally on MSNBC, Friedman, 60, said that although "a fool and his money are soon elected," he had high hopes of beating the Republican incumbent, Rick Perry, who "appears to be more interested in ironing his shirts than ironing out the problems of Texas."

"I'm a Jew," said Friedman, who provided a rabbi for an invocation, "trust me; I'll hire good people." He said he had received 37 write-in votes in the Iraqi election.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/210720_kinky04.html

True, they'll probably end up electing another another Christian conservative idiot. 

After  GW the bar has been set pretty low over there.  :rolleyes:

Do you think there is a chance we can get Texas and the other red states to secede? :lol:

Where's Jefferson Davis when you neeed him? :bigsmile:

Hell, we got Redneck. What are you waiting for, RN - lead the charge!

I know most of you are too young to remember but.....Texas joined the union with 2 conditions. 1. Since Texas was so large it could later divide itself into 3 states if it chose to in order to get better representation in the Senate, which would in effect give Texas 6 Senators. 2. Texas could withdraw from the Union at any time if it so chose. The other states did not have that as a condition of their joining.

Texas legally seceded but the Yankees wouldn't leave us alone. Now it is the Yankee's that are complaining about the US in Iraq. My how time changes things.

I am ready for the South to rise again and frankly I am getting a little tired of waiting. I am not getting any younger and I have all the ammo and guns I can carry in a Suburban. So I am here to tell ya that I am ready to kick ass and write down names. Furthermore let it be known that I am all out of paper and pens. :shootin: :duck hunt:

Jefferson Davis was a true hero. :bow:

post-91-1107652342.jpg

These folks might not agree with that.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6913272/

49% of the people in the US may not agree but 51% apparently do. :)

I am disappointed that it took 2 hrs and 20 min to get a response to my inciteful post. I figgered you or Dude or Wolfie or untold numbers of others would have jumped on it.

I guess no one loves me anymore. :wha':

no, not the population, just those who actually voted (and i have issues w/those numbers but will not discuss here) :lol:

Tell that to the disenfranchised voters or Ohio and Florida - voting Demacrat on those rigged machines in those states is like trying to beat the odds in Vegas :lol:

Tell that to the disenfranchised voters or Ohio and Florida - voting Demacrat on those rigged machines in those states is like trying to beat the odds in Vegas :lol:

Those people agreed also. They just weren't aware of it so they got a little help. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...