Country Star Pleads Not Guilty To Charges

Shawn

lynnanderson.jpgLynn Anderson has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from an alleged shoplifting incident at a Taos, N.M., supermarket. The veteran country singer's attorney entered the pleas on behalf of the artist to charges of battery on a police officer, resisting a police officer and shoplifting.

Taos County Magistrate Betty Martinez allowed Anderson to seek medical treatment out of state after the pleas were entered Friday. Martinez said she did not know why Anderson was seeking medical treatment.\

Read the entire article at Billboard

...time hasn't been kind to her.

That's an understatement. I remember seeing her on tv 30 yrs and more ago. I haven't seen her in yrs because I rarely watch tv and I don't have much interest in country music. I would never have guessed that pic was her.

Time has been kinder to me. I look perzactly the same as I did 40 yrs ago.....I still look like shit. :lol:

Leave it to all you guys to really ignore the point of the article in favor of pointless aesthetics (as is the norm in every article).

Really, who gives a shit what she looked like 30 years ago and who gives a shit what she looks like now?

The sad part would be the pointless shoplifting and assault of a cop. Now, since she's just a has-been, she'll be getting real punishment. Now, if she was in her prime as an artist and popular enough, she would get away with all this.

I would like to thank the criminal justice system of the United States for being so unjust and inconsistent. They shouldn't even speak the name "Justice" while OJ Simpson and others roam free. But I’m sure we can all be comforted in knowing they got this one right. Right? Right?

Leave it to all you guys to really ignore the point of the article in favor of pointless aesthetics (as is the norm in every article).

Really, who gives a shit what she looked like 30 years ago and who gives a shit what she looks like now?

The sad part would be the pointless shoplifting and assault of a cop. Now, since she's just a has-been, she'll be getting real punishment. Now, if she was in her prime as an artist and popular enough, she would get away with all this.

I would like to thank the criminal justice system of the United States for being so unjust and inconsistent. They shouldn't even speak the name "Justice" while OJ Simpson and others roam free. But I’m sure we can all be comforted in knowing they got this one right. Right? Right?

i disagree ken....i find her change of appearance interesting and quite possibly a part of the process of anderson winding up in the situation that she has.....it doesn`t take the total removal of emotion from a situation or the complete removal of a caring attitude to remind people of just how unfair the dispensing of justice may be in the united states.....i`m fairly sure most people are aware of that...unemotive analysis of a particular situation (that has possibly been driven by emotional factors in the first place) doesn`t work all of the time....taking an interest in the aesthetics of a situation is not a crime..it is a part of establishing the facts of an issue and understanding the different emotions involved.....it has been well proven that those that judge and act without emotional or aesthetic input often get it wrong.....

Edited by kiwibank

Leave it to Ken to jump onto his admittedly prolific soapbox and miss the point of posting such horrific before and after photos. I can understand why he missed it....he's young and doesn't see physical changes in people in the same light as the older folks here. We see them in our friends and acquaintances from decades past and understand how time gradually changes us all. The older we get, the less we look in mirrors as we walk by them. But in the case of Lynn Anderson, there is no way that the stark differences in appearance from the early 70's to now are natural aging. It's pretty obvious that she's got some sort of substance abuse problem, whether it be alcohol, tobacco or chemicals, which is ravaging her looks. *note* My wife just saw the pictures and immediately said that Anderson looked like a long-time alcoholic.

At any rate, Ken gave a nice oratory, but in doing so he missed the boat on this one.

PS....living in Kentucky, I unfortunately see way too many people who look like Anderson, walking around carrying the baggage from years of abuse.

I saw Ms. Anderson perform. Twice. In the same day. In the fall of 1979 I was living in Beaver County Pennsylvania. Just a little north of Pittsburgh. I went to The Beaver Valley Mall one morning. Lynn was scheduled to sing on the mall's main stage. At 11;00 a.m. And agian at 7:00 p.m. I didn't even know this until I got there. Came as a total surprise. But what the hell, I stayed and saw the show. When I got home, I made the mistake of telling my girlfriend about it. She just HAD to go to the evening show. I don't really care for country music, and a shopping mall is not a good place for live music of ANY kind. What an expierience!!

:jammin:

But in the case of Lynn Anderson, there is no way that the stark differences in appearance from the early 70's to now are natural aging.

4sure, Koop.

Ken, I do agree with your spiel on the justice system and I also agree with your assessment about people being overly concerned with aesthetics. That is why you see very few ugly girls that are singers. Ugly girls can sing as well as attractive ones....it's just no one wants to watch. Put me in the superficially influenced and very shallow person catagory. I feel I am not alone since the butt ugly girls are nowhere to found singing professionally. :)

Patti Smith being an exception. Not an attractive woman. But a fine singer and songwriter!!

She is not "hot" but I wouldn't call her butt ugly either. :I'd hit it:

She is trying to look hot in the pic you posted. No bra.....Hell she ain't bad is an understatement...she is ok to show to your friends...no bag required. :I'd hit it: :I'd hit it: :I'd hit it:

My interest was picqued because I enter in charges like this all day at work. Most common charge is for drugs a VGCSA. So I can certainly see how drugs can greatly alter someone's appearence. Working for a defender's office has been certainly opening my eyes up to the legal system. I am starting to become more empathetic towards people for finding their way into comprising situations, but its a little difficult understanding why some are drawn to things like a moth to a flame. Some people are very familar in my office. However, I have lived a sheltered life with not much exposure to how the world can be so this is a definite learning experience.

Edited by GabrielYoungFan

However, I have lived a sheltered life with not much exposure to how the world can be so this is a definite learning experience.

Yes but not everybody has to learn the hard way. :)

Some people just take the "it won't happen to me" attitude. Now Anderson looks like a poster girl for "Just say No" or some such shit.

To you and your "corn fed southern girl sheltered life". :Here's to you:

My interest was picqued because I enter in charges like this all day at work. Most common charge is for drugs a VGCSA.  So I can certainly see how drugs can greatly alter someone's appearence. Working for a defender's office has  been certainly opening my eyes up to the legal system. I am starting to become more empathetic towards people for finding their way into comprising situations, but its a little difficult understanding why some are drawn to things like a moth to a flame. Some people are very familar in my office.  However, I have lived a sheltered life with not much exposure to how the world can be so this is a definite learning experience.

nothing like learning about life at the coalface, so to speak.........good on you for trying to see things from possibly a more sympathetic and caring perspective.......

Edited by kiwibank

We see them in our friends and acquaintances from decades past and understand how time gradually changes us all.

no, i don't understand; i'm still at the 'the horror, the horror' level. :nope: